We celebrated my first Mother's Day last weekend.
We went to mass in the morning, and Father Larry asked all of the mothers to stand up for a special tribute.
I balked.
A lot of people still can't tell that I'm pregnant.
Then I remembered, hells bells, we're Catholics!
Life begins at conception!
I'm a bona fide, totally legit momma.
If there is any place where I can stand proudly and relish in my maternal glory, it's our church.
I stood, got my little poem and received lots of congratulatory smiles.
Trinity took me to a relatively new gourmet burger restaurant for lunch where I had a black bean and Tallegio cheese burger that was divine. I can't imagine that beef would have been better.
Here I am sipping my water with lemon.
I have never had so much water in my life as I have been consuming lately.
Cupcake debauchery quickly followed lunch.
We went to Nurture, this darling baby shop on Massachusetts Avenue to buy Genevieve a little present. T was dismayed by the prices. His quote of the day was, "Doesn't she just wear one of those baby bags for the first couple of months anyway?"
Yes, she will wear sleep sacks, and point well made.
No purchases were made.
My gal pals from school celebrated Karen's 60th birthday at Bravo!
Karen is one of my funniest friends and I love her dearly.
I was thinking of how friendship changes when you reach adulthood. Age no longer matters.
I regularly hang with a 60 year old, and she is awesome.
We entertained ourselves on a raucous Friday night by using the baby belt that plays drumbeats and/or heartbeats and is going to make my baby all kinds of genius.
I really don't know how my brain functions currently when I didn't have all of this in utero intervention.
A friend from school let me borrow this, so we checked it out.
T strapped on his lighted headpiece, turned off the electricity and set to work putting together the new light fixture for the nursery.
He survived and we were quite pleased with the results.
The nursery is so far from complete it is hilarious. We will go to get the furniture from Katie in July, but I did order some fabric swatches (seen below) to ponder.
I'm thinking perhaps some coral and pink.
I was going to stay away from pink and then I realized I was just kidding myself.
It's my favorite color. Duh.






1 comment:
Happy belated first Mother's Day : ) That burger you described sounded amazing!
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com
Post a Comment