Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Robby Graduates

Saturday was a big day in our family.
Li'l brother Robby graduated from law school.  
He has officially morphed into my father.
We sat through the longest ceremony of our lives.
When Robby's name was called to be "hooded" my seriously refined husband may have hooted.
This is kind of a no no in our family.
I may have wanted to smack him, if I didn't love him so much.
I don't think anyone noticed.  The people behind us had a cowbell.  I'm not even kidding.
Other than some random hoots and cowbell ringing, the entire event was quite lovely.
Robby was a sport and posed for Jane's photogging session.

This was a great pose after we encouraged him to "make like Angelina."
We always keep it serious.

Kudos to these parents.


They continued to unconditionally love and support Robby when he spent 6 years in Bloomington as an undergrad chain smoking and living the nocturnal lifestyle of a vampire.
/span>
Mother will stroke about that comment, but I must give guff where guff is due.
He no longer smokes.

We are seriously proud of him.
Both for law school and for saying no thanks to nicotine.

Look over your shoulder, Robby.
Now walk away.
Show us the hood.
Fortunately our Meis catalog modeling days make us prepared for any photograph.

Future wife was in attendance, ever supportive.
Nice shades, brother.
I bought those for him.


We had a celebratory dinner at The Columbia Club, site of our wedding and many family events.  Bob loves that place, and we have gone there since I was a child.  I love that it is steeped in Republican tradition, and that every Republican president Benjamin Harrison has visited the club, either as a candidate or President.  It is such a beautiful place.
I love history, despite my own conflicting politics.
I just want to scream
"George W.  stinks!  I am a crazy liberal Democrat who thinks everyone should have access to healthcare!"  whenever I'm in there.
Alas, I do not.  
I just admire the copious amounts of mahogany and leaded glass.  


Robby got a grill set from Meg's parents.
He was jazzed.


T had a bourbon and I came across the table to get a picture.
I just really wanted to smell the bourbon.
Excuse my appearance.
I'm suffering from an affliction known as pregnancy.
It didn't photograph so well on Saturday.


Meg's mom Carole joined us. 


Congratulations, Robby.
Now pass the bar and get a job.


No comments: