Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 24, 2012

23 Weeks and a New Job

My first comment in this post has to do with my husband's latest obsession with pulling weeds. I'm not complaining, except neither one of use knows what is weed and what is lovely plant/flower.  I came home yesterday to find him in our tiered flower bed seething and ranting about "weeds."  We just had our yard overhauled by a landscaping company about 3 weeks ago, so I wasn't convinced that what he was calling a weed was indeed a weed.
That rhymed.
The pesky "weeds" were like 2 1/2 feet tall, which meant they had to grow super fast since our landscaping.  I convinced him to wait until my mother's next visit, when her green thumbing would tell us what to remove and what to keep.
That calmed him for 24 hours.

This evening I plopped on the couch and opened my computer to this...
he had taken matters into his own hands.
Literally.
I then went outside to see this precious rear end-

in full effect.
"Weeding."
I guess they're weeds.
They're gone now.
We'll never know.

He is totally interested in the yard, which I can appreciate, since I hate it.
It's a fabulous change from his usual outdoor routine-

iPadding on the porch is a popular pastime in our household.

I got this new app on my phone called CameraPlus.
Me likey.
It does borders and captions and all kinds of craziness.

I took a new job.  4 years as District Literacy Coach has come to an end.  My new job keeps me at one school, but I continue to focus primarily on school improvement through professional development, observations and modeling.  I like to model.
I can't wait to go back and "model" effective teaching strategies at 32 weeks pregnant when we go back in July.

My new job placement was approved by the Board of Education on Monday, so we went to the meeting and I stood up and did my best parade wave.

I decided to dress as Smee from Peter Pan. 

I even have his rotund shape these days.

Today was the final day of school, so I donned some killer maternity shorts with a rockin' panel for packing up my room. 


My face is always shiny these days, despite pressing about 6 oz of pressed powder onto my mug daily.
Pregnancy "glow" or sweat, I think. 

In more exciting news, I finally got some new white bedding for our bed.
It looks great. 
I am very smart to buy white bedding and mirrored nightstands when I have a baby coming.
Spills and little fingerprints are in the near future. 
I always think practically.

Lastly, Kashmir continues to be her adorable self.

We think she is already plotting her baby breath stealing techniques.

I will be posting more frequently now, as I am unemployed for the next 9 weeks and have little to do with my time.
Lucky you!

No comments: