Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

This weekend was fairly relaxed here at our house.  School ended for me on Thursday and we went to Carb Day at the track on Friday afternoon.  
It was hot.
I drank a lot of water and did some people watching.
I may have thrown a fit because I couldn't find one of those rolling ice cream kiosks that sold M&M cookie ice cream sandwiches.  I really enjoy those things. 
I have a slight case of cankles here.
I noticed swelling in my ankles and hands in the heat.  
Awesome!


Here is my non swelling, seems to be getting skinnier husband.
That makes me feel ever so good.

After 3 hours at Carb Day, I can't really say what they do there.  I saw maybe 3 cars.  I did not see Ashley Judd and I couldn't find my M&M selling person.
The day was a bust.

On Saturday I chilled in the backyard.
Maybe I should say I tried to cook my unborn baby on the patio.
That might be more accurate.
*Cue the gratuitous maternity swimwear shots.
Look away if you have an aversion to large legs.

Vivi and I would lounge, try to look glamorous whilst reading Southern Living and Indianapolis Monthly, then fold like cheap stadium seats and run like total trash through the sprinkler located mere inches away.
We held off as long as we could guzzling lime infused water until I would scream "Trinity, get the sprinkler!" and then I would run through the grass shrieking.
*lime infused water is water from one's Fridgidaire with limes sliced up and floating around in the cup, and no, I didn't get the damn recipe from Pinterest.

Trinity went to the race early at 6:30 on Sunday morning.
He dressed the part and looked fetching in a Budweiser T shirt purchased from our local Kmart.  I cut those sleeves off myself, at his insistence.  

It was 92 degrees in Indianapolis on race day.  
Naturally, I left town.  
 I headed home for the night with my parents.  This time I had an actual poolside sitting episode.
Mother thought I was pretty cute swathed in stretchy chevron spandex.
I've got lots of room to grow in this suit.


I ordered my usual chicken salad fruit plate from the clubhouse and ate it all in about 30 seconds.
The clubhouse was looking swell, and will be quite the site for Robeghan's reception in a few short months.


After 3 hours of sunning, Mother and I returned home to this scene.
Dumbest dog in the universe.
She sat down right in front of the car and would not move. 


I pulled that fool hound through the garage, where she stood until my dad came and hoisted her up the steps.  She is 12 years old, senile and slightly overweight.
What a combo.
We do love that London.


Mom and Dad took me to see What to Expect When You're Expecting, which was so cute.  Seriously it was snorting laughter funny to me, possibly more so since I can relate to so much more now.  It has the same title as that stupid book that I refuse to read.  I find myself remaining ignorant about most gestational topics.  
Ignorance is bliss, I say.  

I returned home this morning with a car load of clothes, shoes and various items for my daughter.
My sister is a bit of a pack rat.  She saved everything from Caroline.
She is either a hoarder or I might have threatened her with a menacing voice to "save everything for my child!" each time she bought a thing for Caroline.
It has royally come back to bite me in the ass.
It is overwhelming, but I don't think I need to buy a stitch of clothing for Genevieve until she is at least 4 years old.
I started the sorting process this afternoon by size.
Praise Jesus that Katie isn't a freak like me, because I've never been so thankful to see little tags in all of my life.
Sizing is everything for these little ankle biters.
There were relatively few newborn items, but I found a precious hat.  Only one head could possibly fit in that hat for the next 4 months.

My original baby's head.
Kashmir may have had lots of baby bags on her feline figure today.  She is the perfect test case.  

T was overwhelmed by just one box of loot.

24 weeks in, 16 more to go!
Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: