Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Putzing

I so wish I had exciting pictures and stories to share.  I am in the middle of my typical summer putzing, when I do so little it is a bit embarrassing.  
We took my 27 week picture in front of the fireplace.  
We're mixing it up.
I'm not sure why I'm standing like a linebacker doing a pelvic tilt dance.
The belly is getting bigger, and so are those glorious Polish thighs.


I had a typical summer putzing day on Friday, when I drove up to Zionsville to eat cookies.
Everyone does that, right?
I do love Main Street in Zionsville since it is so cute and quaint.


I discovered a bakery up there that makes macarons.  They have officially replaced the cupcake in my sweets lovin'.
I simply had to get them.


I quickly snarfed down vanilla and framboise, which is French for raspberry.
I think.


I zippidy-do-dahed down to Nordstrom, with birthday gift cards from sister, Chipper and Caroline burning a hole in my purse.
I didn't find anything that I was dying to have, so I decided to save them for the Anniversary Sale, which is right up there with Jesus' birthday, my anniversary and birthday as my favorite time of the year.  
I love to call ahead and go behind the curtain to "preview" when they're still setting up and pretend I'm all fancy and not just a teacher with a spending problem.  

I did buy these handy dandy neon hair ties.
Source: google.com via Betsy on Pinterest

I like them a lot.

I also went to see Moonrise Kingdom by myself that afternoon.
I love to see movies alone.  I'm not really sure if that's totally true or if I just learned to love it when I was single and then when I married a man who basically refuses to go to a movie theater.  
Wes Anderson maintains his brilliant, artsy-fartsy creative director status in my book.
I stuffed another macaron in my gullet as I enjoyed that cinematic masterpiece, since I had to purchased one to go too.  

I arrived home to find that Genevieve's pillow covers arrived.  
I loved the packaging.  



I ordered five to line the back of her crib, which I will then remove every night so she doesn't spit all over them. 


That would be tragic.

Her furniture should arrive later this week, along with some Etsy prints I ordered.  

I have been calling daycares this morning and feeling like  a total mother imposter.
I still can't believe this child is mine, even though she kicks me every 30 seconds.
It's a surreal feeling!

No comments: