Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Moving Right Along

The summer heat wave in Indiana continues.  I have been trying to make better choices in attire, so as to avoid sweating in unfortunate locales.  My mother went with me on Wednesday for my 28 week appointment.
She takes a better picture.
I wore a zebra print dress that is quite drafty, so it was perfect.
It is not maternity, so I just stretched that pattern to an entirely new level.


We were pleased to find out that our girl seems to be of average size, as we had an additional growth ultrasound.  My OB thought she might be quite tiny after the 20 week one.  Fortunately, she measured in the 49th percentile at 28 weeks, and is estimated to weigh 2 lbs, 8oz.
The words "average" and "normal" were music to my ears.
I really can't imagine that I won't birth a behemoth of a child, as my poor mother pushed out a toddler when I was born at over 9lbs.
I don't think she will be a big baby, but we still have 10-12 weeks to see.
Trinity was a peanut, though, as he continues to be.

I'm currently suffering from an affliction where my already trim husband decides to beef up his workout routine and clean up his eating a tad as I grow larger daily.  
Just love him for that!

In fact he told me that he forgot something the other day because he was too busy with GCP.
He explained that this is his lingo for "gym, cafe, parfait."
He calls black coffee "cafe."  Like he's fancy or something.  He enjoys this routine on the weekend, where he goes to the gym and then gets a black coffee and a fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonald's.  
Lord.

In other developments, I saw two of my college friends last weekend.  
Tiny Kate came in from Chicago.
I always love to see her sweet face and little 5'1" self.

She stayed at Meg's house and we went to dinner on Saturday.
Meg's life has changed a bit.
Check out those precious littles.  

The heat wave has me and kitty laying low.
She always lays low, I suppose.
She was being ever so supportive the other day while I watched the morning news. 


T left for work this morning after telling us, "Now my 3 best girls better take it easy today.  It's too hot to do a lot."



Silly man!  We need no reminders foster our lethargy!  Now go to work so we can watch Wimbledon.


These prints arrived for G's nursery.
I'm enjoying all of this fluff, as I have almost exactly 4 weeks until I'm back waddling the hallways in my new job.

No comments: