My first full week of summer has been eventful.
I went to the doctor on Tuesday and am pleased to report that I am up 14 1/2 pounds. That's 14 1/2 pounds, not to be confused with 15 pounds. I'm owning that half pound.
That makes a 6 pound weight gain in one month.
People, I think this is hard to do.
I'm not sure how I got so lucky.
I jest, I can't complain because I feel great and my daughter's heartbeat continues to be strong.
That is always good news.
T and I do hot laps around the hood several nights a week.
He snapped this picture at my insistence to mark 24 weeks, or 6 months of gestation.
None of this is maternity wear, and let me tell you, those shorts that I purchased 8 years ago are riding LOW.
I wear my sunshades inside, to prepare for the outside.
I got a beginning of summer pedicure featuring my signature hot weather shade, Pompeii Purple.
I snapped a pic to send to my husband to remind him of my feet.
You already know I brag shamelessly about my tootsies.
I am not posting this because of how proud I am of my toes, but rather how I discovered upon closer inspection, that me ankles be swellin'.
Check out those ankle ridges/rings/indentations.
Mind you, I wasn't wearing socks at any point during the day.
These indentations are inexplicable.
What in the hell?
This is just the first of many issues and/or conditions that I will blame on my child.
Growing people makes for fugly cankles.
I've also been in organizing mode.
I started my piles of clothing for our California trip.
I love to be prepared and I always do this in crazy advance to plan.
I pride myself on my mad packing skillz.
I enjoy colors and patterns.
I shan't be ignored in my clothing.
Speaking of mad packing skillz, I took only a carry on to Naples with Jamie, and she took like 2 full sized bags. Sure, she also had clothing and gear for two small children, but this information is totally irrelevant. I will continue to compare myself to others unfairly and proclaim myself goddess of the suitcase.
Snarf.


No comments:
Post a Comment