Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Yogi Betsy

What a glorious Saturday morning.  It is only predicted to be about 79 degrees, which will feel like winter to my hotbox of a body.  As I have mentioned before, I have regularly continued my yoga and pilates routine throughout my pregnancy.  I have attended the same studio for many years and I just love it there.  It is definitely one of my happy places.


When I found out I was pregnant, I was determined to maintain my exercise schedule.  I had a friend at the studio who practiced until like the last week of her pregnancy and she said it made her delivery easier and her postpartum recovery easier as well.  I was sold!  Plus, I was sure I would look so adorable rolling around in downward dog with a bulbous midsection. 
Source: bebomia.com via bebo on Pinterest


I found this picture on Pinterest and thought this would be me, with a longer top.











Source: purplecircleyoga.com via Betsy on Pinterest
Oh, the glamour that would be me.

Now I continued to go to class, and everyone was so supportive.
"Betsy, you are looking so healthy!"
"You are doing so great!"
"Keep it up!"

I literally felt like I had a peanut gallery of little encouragers every time I went to class!  This was awesome!  

Now you have probably surmised quite a bit about my personality by reading my blog.  I am super snarky, and I'm not a competitive person, at least not when it comes to athleticism.  Pregnancy has allowed me a lot of grace to spend time just chilling on my mat when I get tired or actually when I just don't want to do what everyone else is doing.

So, let's finish up this story before Christmas comes.
Several weeks ago I attended a class, and there was a professional photographer there to take photos of the studio.
In my hormone induced delusion, I thought," wonderful!  Perhaps I'll finally get a photo where I look like the Pregnant Yoga Goddess from Pinterest."
Oh, silly, silly Betsy.
You is a fool.

See if you can find the Pregnant Goddess, or rather Large Lady Dragon.


*2nd row from the back, right smack in the middle

Now I recall not doing this ab sequence.
However, I do not recall putting myself in this position and giving birth to my daughter while hoisted up on my elbows with my eyes clenched shut.  

Oh, wait.  I didn't give birth yet.
I just practiced.
In front of a lot of people.
What in the h***?????

Hilarious.
I showed this to Trinity and the laughing that ensued was thunderous.

I love when I get smacked in the face with the humble stick.


No comments: