I started teaching again on Monday and I am one tired lady each night. I have stayed most evenings until almost 6, as I am trying to get the hang of my new gig. This is year 12 of teaching, but year one of this particular job. I only made it to pilates one night this week, but I'm getting my exercise each night by propping up my swollen feet and watching the Olympics.
We've been playing with loads of baby gear. Trinity got the car seat out and noted just how heavy that thing is!
We went to that horrific place, Buy Buy Baby, and bought Genevieve a mattress.
I was shaking with laughter as my engineer husband thought he could fit this mattress in the trunk. I suppose years of teaching 1st grade and puzzles gave me far better spatial reasoning skills.
I got those fabulous Aden+Anais swaddle blankets at my shower last weekend. Of course I had to practice my swaddling techniques with 7lb Kashmir.
She was not into it.
This photo reminds me of a routine I regularly performed at about age 11. I would wrap my childhood Himalayan, Pansy June, in a blanket and drape one over my head as well. I would then carry her around the house, pretending to be the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus. Robby and I would sometimes say Mass in the living room too, using our piano bench as an altar.
These are normal games in Catholic households.
At least that's what I tell myself.
Genevieve's glider arrived.
As you can see from the gigantic box, it was made in the USA, unlike the Chinese made American Olympic outfits.
Snarf.
The chair has yet to make it into the nursery. I can't lift it myself, and husband is claiming we should use it as a chair in the living room until she arrives. Geesh!
We also practiced tight turns with the stroller. There may have been a timer involved, Supermarket Sweep Style.
We are so normal.
Lastly, 33 weeks. Check out that stomach shelf.








No comments:
Post a Comment