Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Visits here, there and everywhere-

Two of my tiny best friends came to town to hang with me, T and G on Saturday.  We noshed on some champagne cocktails, cheese, grapes and crackers on Saturday afternoon while Trinity watched football and somewhat participated in our incessant chatter.
We love to talk, and we don't get together that often because Kate is in Chicago and we are all super busy.
Kate is busy teaching 5th grade and hanging with her boyfriend Scott, Meg is delivering babies, juggling two kiddos under 4 and time with her husband Ryan, and I am busy online shopping while my kid naps.
With my rock solid schedule of Starbucks runs and trips to the mailbox, it's truly a wonder we were able to plan this.

We had a 3 hour dinner at Bonefish,

where I enjoyed my first Winter White Cosmo of the holiday season.
I love seasonal goodies.
I can only get them certain times of the year so they are all the more special.  Oh, and that's what makes them seasonal.
Geez.

When I dropped them off at their hotel, I saw a stray cat in the parking lot.
In typical Betsy style I chased it around the parking lot for about 10 minutes cooing here kitty, kitty.
It wasn't interested in me.
Meg and Kate asked what my plan was if I caught it.
Plan?
What plan?
I don't think that far in advance, girls.
You should know that by now.
I just wanted to touch that soft kitty fur and my pea brain didn't go beyond that to my husband killing me or Kashmir undergoing more trauma.  As if bringing an infant into her world isn't punishment enough for her little life.

On Sunday they returned bearing coffee and ready for some Grade A baby squeezin', round two.


Mind your manners, G.
If it was not for Dr. Megan, your mother might have gone to the tanning bed and eaten sushi whilst pregnant.
I kid.

Oh, here's my favorite.

Big girl and her tiny compadres.
Kate and I were a sight during our speedwalks around IU's campus in college.  She took 2 steps to every one of mine, yet she could walk faster than me.  

I love G's face here too.


Should this little girl be holding me?
Shouldn't she be sitting down on a couch?
No, ladybug.
Your mother is just a giant.
You'll learn that the whole female gender doesn't hedge on 6 feet tall.

Trinity had the day off for election day, so we went as a family to the polls.
I got Genevieve dressed while explaining the entire electoral college.
I then asked if she had any questions.

"When do I get my own neck?"  she implored.


Soon dear, very soon.
I hope.

Post voting we went to the Cracker Barrel.
Genevieve slept when her father wedged her under the voting booth.
She woke up immediately at the Crack house.

What, what is dis smell?

They gots bizcuits????


Her excitement was uncontrollable.
Either that or she's pooping.
I can't really tell.

We went home to see my parents for two nights.
We stopped by so G could meet my Nanny.


YaYa and Bob took great care of us!

No comments: