Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Final Summer Weekend

I'm sad to report that my summer vacation is officially over.  I go back to school tomorrow.  I explained this to Genevieve last Thursday, and told her that we had to make the most of our final summer weekend. 
She awoke on Friday morning with the nastiest crap I have ever seen hanging out of her nose (fascinating, really) and a 102.5 degree fever.
She didn't understand what I meant by making the most of the weekend.
By 11 a.m. on Friday we had been to her pediatrician, who  diagnosed her with an ear infection in both of her tiny ears.

She really was a sport despite her ailment.
We hung out inside and tried on some fall/winter attire.



Sister Katie saved Cousin Caroline's fur vest from 5 years ago.  I have to love that sister of mine.  

Since G was going a little stir crazy, she made her umpteenth attempt to be Kashmir's best sister friend.  I was able to document this sad little encounter.

G approached as Kashmir was relaxing.
Mistake #1.
Don't mess with Kashmir when she is relaxing.
She pretty much relaxes all of the time, except when she's asleep.  So basically, don't mess with her.


As her approach from stage right appeared not to interest the puss, she switched to stage left.


She reached for some kitty loving.
Here, kitty, kitty.
Or
"araheinqknnvahgpa;dasfnasdfhg"
in G speak.


The outreached hand caused Kashmir to rise from her preferred position.


Screw you, baby.
I'm off like a prom dress.


I didn't get the doe eyed glance from my sweet baby on camera.  It was too pitiful.
Perhaps another day, Bunny G.

On Saturday morning I went to get the mail and discovered a young boy riding in a cart pulled by a mini horse at the end of our driveway.

Remember the sheer adrenaline that coursed through your body when you heard the bell of an ice cream truck in your neighborhood when you were a kid?

Well multiply that by about 100 and you would feel as I did on Saturday morning when I spotted that boy with Li'l Sebastian.

Li'l Sebastian would be Pawnee's famous miniature horse from one of my favorite shows, Parks and Recreation.

I nearly flung myself on his cart.
He agreed to halt so I could wake up my feverish baby from her nap and get a picture.


You might think me a terrible mother for awakening my sicky infant for this.
I would disagree with you.
That was a chance of a lifetime.
She wasn't going to miss it on my watch.

We spent the rest of the day reading Bible stories and attempting to master the sippy cup.




She's almost got it.

Trinity was gone all weekend for Brickyard 400 festivities with work.  

Mind you, we have never watched a second of NASCAR in this house.

That might change after this weekend.
He went to the Skyline Club for a dinner on Saturday night sponsored by 3M.
You know, the Scotch Tape/Post it people.

T had dinner with their sponsored driver, Greg Biffle.


He sent this picture to me, from the same room where we had our wedding rehearsal dinner.
I was too busy at the time to respond.
One of the side effects of G's medicine was explosive diarrhea.  
I would much rather have been eating raspberry cheesecake with a little race car man.

This morning G and I took it on two around the hood in our own sweet ride while Trinity was at the race.



He made sure we weren't left out.
Here is his awesome seat behind 3M crew on the track.
He said the entire experience was unbelievable.


He showed off his gear that he received.  He pacified me with masking tape, Scotch tape and lots of Post-its.
I'm not kidding.
I love that stuff.

Genevieve was happy to see her father.
He posed with his pit pass, new hat and autographed toy car.



I thought twice about the diaper pictures, but this is NASCAR. It kind of fits.

I may have Ricky Bobby on my hands now.  As he put Genevieve to bed tonight, I swear I heard him praying to Baby Jesus.


No comments: