We bought a membership to the Children's Museum last Saturday. It was once again voted the best museum for kids in the country, so that put me over the edge for the purchase.
They have an area called Playscapes that is geared for toddlers, and G loves it.
She wore this little dragonfly vest for a bit.
Then she practiced her stacking skills.
T and G made magical music together.
We ladies rode the carousel. Now, I'll admit I had a Patsy Ramsay moment here. Trinity was all like, "she's too young for that." And I was like, "She'll love it. Plus I want a picture." Well, we selected our horse and my child then proceeded to softly whimper/cry as we waited like 2 hours for the stupid thing to actually start. There was a huge line of people waiting for their turn who witnessed the whole thing.
My child was kinda miserable.
I was kinda determined.
And embarrassed.
Every couple of minutes I would loudly proclaim, "If you still don't like it once it starts, we'll sit on the bench behind us."
See, I'm not a monster, people.
The music commenced and so did the clapping and giggles.
I was redeemed.
My vision for amazing pictures did not come to fruition.
Annie Leibowitz, he is not.
Our ride was cut short due to some fool middle schooler who refused to sit down, even at the 3 behests of the carousel lady.
Respect her authority, dammit.
She would only stand up when her parents couldn't see her.
So we all suffered.
Carousel lady got her revenge though.
She marched that kid right over to her parents.
Take that, dumb kid!
I want my dollar back for this shortened ride.
Even though it was free with my new membership.
I still want a dollar.
I imagine there is no fate worse than teaching middle school.
Anyway, this little girl who wasn't the carousel crasher served us pretend tea.
My posture makes me look like a Ninja Turtle.
G tried to wear 4 coats to school last week. Her father helped her put them on like we aren't in a rush every morning.
Then she got in her Coupe and lost her mind when she had to ride in my bunk a** Altima.
Sorry, kiddo.
In other news, I'm jazzed that we have planned a Genevieve-free getaway to Scottsdale, Arizona.
We are staying at the Boulders resort, and I'm ecstatic.
I'm excited about a pool in the desert, because you know I haven't got much use for an ocean. Pretty, but too much in it that can kill me.
That's true of the desert too, I suppose.
Heat, no water, snakes.
I'll hang close to the resort.













No comments:
Post a Comment