Oh, Mylanta, I'm getting old. On Friday the 13th I turned 35. It was not quite as scary as the movie.
Thanks to my parents, Trinity and I were able to enjoy a child-free weekend. On my birthday morning I went to my free yoga class at Invoke. I think I've gotten to go to a class on my birthday for the past several years. It's such a great way to start the day.
I took a nap and showered without G banging on the glass shower doors screaming, "Momma!"
I imagine it's similar to a car jacking when someone bangs on your windshield.
Anyway, the day started out swimmingly.
I was able to rock my new shades from my husband, which I love, but my family is not sold.
My mother thinks I look like the Green Hornet. Whatevs.
When Trinity arrived home we hopped in the car and drove to Chicago.
My teeniest bestie was waiting with her new husband, Scott. Remember they got married in November, when we had another child-free weekend.
Kate and Scott enjoy the big city life, with a beautiful condo in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area.
We were greeted with some wine and cheese. Kate wrote out the names on the cheeseboard-
The happy couple. Scott accentuates Kate's smallness since he is about 14 inches taller than her.
Of course, so am I.
Snarf.
This is the only picture of us from the whole weekend.
They took us to some great Italian restaurant. It's so fun to have friends in the city, since we can spend a night like the locals. We walked there. I pretended to be fancy.
I'm 35!
The waiter brought me this cream puff thingy. I don't do those. I'm all for cake.
Kate proved her forever bestie status by bringing out Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes in honor of my special day.
God I love her.
And those cupcakes.
They are a Chicago institution.
On Saturday morning we got our Starbucks (free on my birfday) and went to the DryBar in Lincoln Park. I do love me a good blowout. That was a gift to myself.
Here's the before.
Gosh, we're pretty.
We also look about the same size.
I love sitting poses.
And boom!
Brienne of Tarth and Aria Stark.
We could be stunt doubles for Game of Thrones with our size difference.
Oh, I jest.
I just find it to be so stinking hilarious.
I also got that new purse for being halfway to 70.
We left our locals after a stellar brunch prepared for us by the newlyweds. I ate some bacon.
Bacon, y'all.
I'm fine with swine if it comes from Whole Foods and costs like $20 a strip.
It was great.
We checked into our hotel, MileNorth, which was right off of Michigan Avenue. We then did the touristy thing and window shopped and walked. We got Sprinkles and stuffed our faces on the sidewalk outside like homeless people.
We make beautiful memories.
After about 4 hours of walking we sidled up to the sidewalk cafe/bar outside of our hotel and got tipsy off of Wildcats, a drink made of tequila, mango juice and lemon juice.
They were divine.
Then we walked 3 steps to the Gino's East for Chicago deep dish pizza. Trinity had never had any, and we did it up.
Tequila and thick ass pizza crust=asleep by 7:30.
I'm not even kidding.
We had big plans for the rooftop bar, but then we remembered that we are old farts and fell asleep.
It was wonderful.
Meanwhile, Miss Sassafrass was having the time of her life with her YaYa and Bob, who pretty much do anything she says.
I was thrilled to see my child likes a Face-in-a-Hole as much as I do.
She thinks she is Dennis Rodman with that tongue.
We were excited to get her back on Sunday and celebrate Father's Day.
For my birthday gift, my parents bought plane tickets for Genevieve and me. We are all going to San Diego in the fall for a 4 day/night adventure. I plan on pretending this is international travel so we can use her passport.
Happy birthday to me!





No comments:
Post a Comment