Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Our First Days of Summer

Summer is off and running!  I have introduced Genevieve to the concept of the toilet.  
I have had this lovely contraption on display in my living room since last Monday.  She loves to sit on it and say "potty."  I really loathe that word.  I'm rolling with it, though, because I don't think she would recognize my favored terms, water closet or lavatory.  Because I'm an aristocrat as you know.
I'm also waiting for Elmo and Abby undies to arrive, as everything I have read says that those are a good incentive.  I'm pretty sure my kid would push me in front of a bus if it meant hugging Elmo, so I'm betting having his face printed across her fanny will make her use the lavatory.  Updates to follow on that endeavor.   



In other household excitement, I present this picture.  


Now, normally even I would not splash a photo of this two piecer on le blog.  However, I have looked at our faces a million times and they about bring me to tears.  This is so us.
I know I said I was done with the two piece bathing suit.  
Then I saw this one online at Old Navy for $17 and I thought I 'd take a gamble.
I was trying it on for Trinity, who was taking a picture to see if it really looked the way I thought it did.  You know how I do that.  Don't act surprised. 
Just as he was snapping it, G came up and shanked me with a mini tube of Crest toothpaste.  She scraped that little ridged cap down my thigh. 
Now you may be asking how my kid got a hold of mini toothpaste. I'll be purchasing more locks to keep her out of my travel toiletries.
I shudder to think that she could strangle Kashmir with a dinky size case of dental floss.  
And this one is so us too.
What? 
I don't have any travel toothpaste, Momma!
You just need to cut my fingernails.

Speaking of bathing suits, that purchase will be perfect for our high class water activities.  


My peeps be hose drinkers.


I haven't gotten her a little baby pool yet, so I pulled out this mini igloo cooler and her bath toys.  With that stellar swimsuit and my frequent texting, I'm hoping the neighbors mistook me for a skanky teenage babysitter.  


On Monday we started swim lessons at the high school.  

Genevieve was so excited that she kept screaming, "ready!"  


I felt compelled to slap my hands down against my thighs and respond "Okay!" 5th grade cheerleader style.



I classed it up for lessons.
All of the parents sit and watch lessons from the bleachers, and I shan't be the talk of Indianapolis due to improper swim attire.  

We also entered the Reading Challenge at the public library.  I'll be reading the books, although we do have a set of  DVDs that my mother purchased for Caroline entitled, Your Baby Can Read.  
The mere thought makes me howl.  


This morning Genevieve had her tubes inserted in her ears.  She was a champ.  




We watched Elmo until her 10 minute procedure commenced.  She recovered beautifully today and took two 2 hour naps.  We can't swim for 2 weeks, but we'll keep busy with our cooler in the yard!


No comments: