Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Week 2 of Summer

This is picture overload, and they're all of my darling girl.  This second week of summer we were very busy.
I took Genevieve to the Children's Museum for a couple of hours on Friday, and then we came home and napped. 
We nap a lot.
Daily for about 2 -3 hours.
Don't judge.
I only sleep for 2 to 2 1/2 of those hours. 



There is a new China exhibit, and this was a sleeping mat.  She thought a nap sounded good right then.  This is G's sleeping position each night-


She also tended to the baby pandas.  



On Saturday we attended a graduation party for Miss Emily.  She is heading to Purdue in the fall, but we still love her. 


It was at this particular soiree that my daughter discovered the after dinner mint.
Ah, the chalky goodness that melts on your tongue.  
I love those things.
I don't love the stomach ache that follows after I eat about 5 handfuls.  
Genevieve had about 5 or 6 mints and was most satisfied.
Let it be noted that she sidled up and sat in the chair by the food table.  The one that was set up with food, not for dining.
Easier access to dem mints!


On Monday we met Jamie, Charlotte and Liam at Nordstrom.
Because that's a reasonable place for a playdate.
J and I have been meeting there for eons, so why change with kids?

We patiently awaited their arrival by reading about kittens.
Duh.



Then it was lunchtime!
Jamie is my parenting model.
These two are amazing sleepers and behave so well.


Genevieve practiced her baby owl swivel head as Charlotte and Liam fed her from opposite sides of the table.
It was quite cute.  


Nordstrom brings out little boxes of raisins for the kids when we eat there.  They go gaga for them.  
Cheers to regularity!


On Tuesday it was shot day.
Sadly they were not of the vodka variety.
Genevieve had 2 immunizations and I got my round 2 of allergy shots.

Peach milkshakes are really the only cure after such torture.


On Wednesday we drove home to spend the night with my parents.  That is always fun.



Our activities included, but were not limited to:
mulch squatting and touching,



bike riding ( I'm using bike in the loosest sense of the word),


and trying on clothes.


On Thursday morning we went to the annual Strawberry Festival, which is one of my favorite days of the year.
It's such a happy memory from my childhood.


We shared "The Works," which is shortcake, strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream.
My child and my forehead really loved it.


My dear sister is pondering cutting bangs because she is tired of looking at her forehead, or fivehead, as we like to call it.
I'm discouraging this.
I can't be the only person walking around on this planet with a fore melon like that.  

G went nanners when she saw her Bob.


She was a tad frightened of the "yee-haw," which is her word for a horse.


I flared my giant nostrils and whinnied "neigh" at her.
She immediately saw the similarities between her mother and that noble steed and was instantly reassured.
That closes out week 2 of summer 2014!


No comments: