Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 5, 2015

Michigan Trip Day 3-Still Living Grandly


We awoke all chirpy and happy on Wednesday morning, our only full day on the island.  
G was on her best behavior in the dining room for breakfast.  


We hit the lawn for some croquet.  


One of the gardeners took these pictures on my iPhone, and I think they are just amazing.
That hotel is gorgeous, and so are all of the grounds.



Genevieve played in the fountain.



She waved at all of the carriages and horses that came by.


The ladies took a carriage into town where ice cream was consumed at 10:30 a.m.




Abby tried to help G with this bike, but it didn't go so well!



Lady Genevieve and I retired for an afternoon nap while Aunt Shirley and Abby explored more.
Trinity and Eddie spent the morning playing golf at the hotel.  

When T returned, we ate lunch at the pool grill.  


Look at Satan's creature behind me.
That seagull was a bit too close and his actions could only be described as "intimidating loitering."  

G played seesaw on the pool loungers.


I present the sequence of events that did not result in Genevieve swimming.
I'm in the water (it was heated and 80 degrees, but the air is 64 degrees.)  "Come here, G." 


I stood up to go get her.
Notice she heads in the opposite direction.


I sat back down and tried to grab her.
She outran me.
(disclaimer:  no pregnant-bad shadow and some terrible posture)


I gave up and we made our own snow cones.



G loved hers until she didn't.
There was a major meltdown and it wasn't the ice.


We changed and played for a few minutes on the Island playground.  We also picked up some fudge for Bob.

Then it was time to prep for dinner again.


She does her own hair now.


Here she is, promising to be a good girl at dinner.  


That promise was not kept.  I finally lost my sh*t when she winged crackers and crayons off my head in the middle of the dining room and screamed that she was putting me in time out.

There I was, once again, trying to have a nice dinner like Baby at Kellerman's, and my little terrorist wrecked it.  
I snatched her up  in a football hold and gingerly took her dinner on a silver platter in my other hand.  I walked shamefully to the entrance of the dining room, which I swear was the length of 3 football fields.  
This length would have been fine had I been a member of Homecoming Court, but I wasn't.

She finished her dinner on the floor in our room.  



This time Trinity brought me both my main course and my dessert.
Moral of the story:
2 year olds can act like total a-holes.  

We departed the next day and G paid our fare.


We had a wonderful time overall.
A formal dining setting just isn't realistic for my child at this point.  I would have put up the iPad, but the amount of china and flatware on the table allowed for little room.

Cheers to Mackinac Island and naughty toddlers.  

No comments: