Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2015

South Beach: Days 3, 4, & 5



On Tuesday morning I attended rooftop yoga at our hotel while Trinity went for a run along the boardwalk.
I then ordered some fabulous yogurt, granola and fruit for breakfast.  


We reunited for coffee after our workouts.  


We ate lunch at Havana 57 so Trinity could get back to his Cuban roots.  The food was delicious and so much like what Wellie cooks!  


From my visits with Wellie I know I love fried plantains.  These did not disappoint.  


We spent the afternoon at the beach again.


Look at that water!
That sky!
That man!


I strutted back after numerous dips in the ocean, also known as bathroom breaks.  
I always pee in the ocean.
Does that gross you out?
Well then don't ever swim in a pool with me.
That rumor about the water turning color isn't true.
Ha!


Trinity also bought me a hat as a belated birthday gift.


On Wednesday we rented a convertible and drove all the way to Key West.  


The drive was beautiful.



Our first stop was at Sloppy Joe's Bar so T could have a sloppy joe.  I nearly gagged.
You mean we are actually going to pay someone to mix ketchup with ground beef and onions and put it on a bun like my mom did throughout my childhood?
Gross.
I had fish tacos.  

My request was Hemingway's house.


There was a no lifting policy for the cats, but petting was encouraged.  



We drove past the buoy and waved at the line 50 people long waiting for a picture.  
We were good with this kid.  


I am not a fan of Key West.  Too busy and touristy.  We stayed about 3 hours and then drove all the way back.  We were so tired.

On Thursday morning we took the Art Deco walking tour.  At 10 a.m.  in 90 degree heat.  
Trinity was thrilled. 

Verace's house, now a small hotel and restaurant.  


We had a brief break from the heat in the lobby of the Tides hotel.  


I want a leather chair that encapsulates me.  




We spent our final afternoon on the beach.  


I visited the hotel spa, which was outside on the roof.
I had a Cuban mojito pedicure and a soothing scalp treatment.
The woman rubbed my scalp with oils and played with my hair for 15 minutes.  I thought I would die.  It was amazing.  



Trinity met up with a running group at the nearby Lululemon for a 4 mile run along the boardwalk at 7 p.m.  They had coconut water and did15 minutes of yoga afterwards at Exhale in the Loewes Miami.
He loved the run, but loathed the yoga.
I spent that time relaxing from my spa time and shoving another popover in my face whilst wearing my Betsy robe.  


I read some Miami magazine and I was right on trend with my Pucci macarons.
Not that it matters, but that stuff gets me jazzed.
Trinity was not impressed.  


We departed at 9 a.m. on Friday to get back to our girl.  

Yes, that is Papi's giant hat box.  
Thank you to YaYa and Bob for keeping our most precious so we could enjoy a child free vacation.  

No comments: