My groom and I flew out last Sunday for 5 nights in South Beach, Miami to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We were actually married in July of 2010, but this travel schedule worked better. We stopped on Ocean Drive and had a quick drink and were total tourists. That mango daiquiri was $19 and it didn't even have alcohol in it!
I swear we saw the actor who played Beverly Leslie, Karen Walker's nemesis on Will and Grace.
I heard him speak. I really think it was him.
He's watching a drag show here, as were we.
I was a bit concerned that perhaps I had chosen a wilder spot than is my usual speed, but that was really the only crazy we saw all week.
We did see lots of palm trees, clear blue skies, and fans that blow mist at you.
We checked in to our hotel, The Betsy. It's on the end of Ocean Drive, and a bit quieter. It was a beautiful hotel, had a primo location, plus everything said Betsy on it.
Win win!
We suited up for the beach.
Trinity stopped traffic by yelling, "her name is really Betsy!"
Just kidding.
He was standing across the street.
I'm wearing a romper.
The water was the clearest water that I have seen since we went to Puerto Rico. The beach was beautiful. It was a bit crowded on Sunday, but pretty vacant during the week.
Our room rate included 2 loungers, towels and an umbrella, which we took total advantage of daily.
The sun was so intense that we were under it unless we went in the water, which we were often.
This is a selfie.
We were the only ones in South Beach without a selfie stick!
Check out that water and the palest people on the beach! SPF 50 all the way!
Dinner our first night was at BLT Steak, which was located in our hotel. BFF Courtney had taken me to one of these restaurants in Puerto Rico about 8 years ago, and I still remember the popovers.
We rooftop decked it as the sun went down.
On Monday we spent the morning at Lincoln Road Mall and found this darling hat shop. We bought Papi a new hat for his birthday.
Then I had my first experience at Laduree.
I purchased my macarons to go, along with a new Lululemon tank top with a gift card from Courtney.
Trinity was starving and needed something "normal."
Our only arguments when traveling are how fancy and expensive I like things, and how simple and cheap he likes things.
I chose the 8 box special edition Pucci Laduree box and just kept staring at it.
Too pretty to eat!
Decisions, decisions.
I lived in that robe all week. I'm thinking of ordering one. It said Betsy.
I had my first coconut water straight from a coconut.
It was so Gilligan's Island.
I referred to myself as Brienne of Tarth here.
T couldn't be bothered to stand and I look SO TALL.
Our hotel was so beautiful in the evenings.
So was the beach.
We ended our first full day with rooftop cocktails.






















No comments:
Post a Comment