Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Summer of Genevieve

Every season is the season of G.  
She's demanding like that.
I have been doing my best trying to keep my lady entertained this week and last week after vacation.
It's best for everyone if she remains busy.
Mostly for me.
After months of pleading and whining, I finally downloaded ABCmouse for her.
Those damn commercials are on constantly.
She was so thrilled and said, "Thank you, Mommy for paying for ABCmouse!"
Uh, I didn't, kiddo.
It was a free month trial.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
I'm kidding.
She does love it, and it is fun and educational.  
I am seriously limiting her time on it.
I've been nutty about technology with her.  I just know how addicted everyone is to their iThings (including me), so I've been avoiding the whole technology thing with G.
I love that she talks to us in restaurants.
She colors, asks how to spell everyone's names and plays tic-tac-toe.
On a piece of a paper.  
So I'm in no rush to change that.
Plus I don't like to share my phone.
I figured I still have years before I have to worry about her texting questionable photos of herself.

Until I found this on my phone before yoga started the other evening:



I almost walked out of the studio.
Chortling and wetting one's pants are not appreciated in yoga.
Have you ever?
I should have known when I heard G and T giggling when I was soaking in ma tub.
Yes, I soak in ma tub on a nightly basis.
Now her father helped her with this selfie, but how good is it?
So good.

We have been swimming with pals.  


I love li'l girl tummies.
Margo and Rosie are sisters and they are so good with G.

Genevieve went to Elena's 5th birthday party with her dance pals.  


It was really hard for G to remember that it wasn't her birthday.
See?


That mermaid cake was fabulous.
Yes, I hovered around waiting for my chunk.
I'm shameless.


G had her dentist appointment and received a perfect report.
I have to practically arm wrestle her and put her in a headlock to brush her teeth, but I guess my technique has been effective.

This week she is attending a musical theatre camp.
She goes for 2 hours for 3 consecutive days and then she has a short "performance."
I will post pictures from the performance.
Yesterday I was able to go to yoga during her acting stint.
Holler.
She reported that they "worked on a number from Annie."
What?
Ironically we watched Annie for the first time on Netflix on Monday.
I watched Annie so much as a young child that my parents were worried that something was wrong with me mentally.
Like I was going to be a serial killer or something.
She liked it and I sang along like a fool.
Her questions were challenging to answer at times.
"Why does Wooster want to kill Annie?"
"Why is Miss Hannigan dwinking her baf water?"
"Why does Annie sing about her bottom?" (bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...)
"Why does Punjab have a man bun?"
That 1981 classic has some mature content.
She didn't ask that last question.  I just was saddened that hipsters have sullied a lovely cultural tradition.  
So we've been keeping busy.

We leave for Florida for a week with my side of the family.
Trinity isn't going.
He has a job, you see.
Sister and her family are meeting us there.  Brother Robby, Meghan, and Li'l Robby are meeting us there too.
Now don't go thinking I'm driving 12 hours with just my kid.
We are riding to Florida in 1 hour increments with my parents.
That's right, approximately one hour stints of travel between stops at rest stops and Starbucks.
I may die.
That's how Jane and Bob roll.
With their black tea addictions and overactive urethras.
I plan on sitting in the backseat pretending that I'm a teenage mother who is completely financially dependent upon her parents.
Bob, I'll take a soy chai tea latte for me and a cake pop for my child.
Wish me luck!   

No comments: