Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 3, 2010

T got his hair did

T's bouffant has always been a source of tension in our relationship. He has more hair than any man I know. He has styled it the same way for like 25 years. He looks like Elvis most of the time, and I've been begging him for like 2 1/2 years to let me take him somewhere to actually have a new cut by a stylist. He has always adamantly refused.
About 2 months ago I heard a radio ad for "The Great Clips $7 haircut Sale." I chuckled to myself, thinking, "what kind of idiot would go there for a $7 haircut?" Well, as you can imagine, my sweet idiot! He came home that very night with the worst chop I have ever seen. He had literally been Flo-beed. I lost my mind, telling him that under no circumstances was he allowed to let anyone touch his hair before the wedding. It has taken all of this time to let it grow out enough to do something with it.
So today is 3 weeks from the big day, and we went to the salon. The chick and I negotiated for several minutes, discussing all of his cowlicks and such, which encompass his entire noggin like a bunch of mini-hair hurricanes. We talked about some spikiness, which I love. I think it has a youthful look to it, which is a far cry from the 1950's heartthrob look he has been sporting for several decades.
We left the salon and looked like this
Happy spikes!
I was thrilled.
After we left, I told him how much I loved it, and asked how he felt. "Do you feel like a new man?" I questioned. "yes, he replied. One that wears a bow tie and is looking for his bike in the basement of the Alamo."




Ha Ha! Dottie...

No comments: