This past week, lots of people have been saying things like, "just a few days until the wedding! I bet you're really busy!" "I am, if by me being busy, you mean my mother is really busy." Let me tell you what I've been doing.
I obsessively write thank you notes as soon as they are delivered, look over our marriage license, check our passports to make sure they haven't expired, and try on my wedding band. It's all very exhausting, really.
Then I unzip this bag and look at my wedding gown. Then I walk away and then do it again. Repeat a dozen times daily. Oh, that number isn't really accurate. Its more like 2 dozen times.
I lotion my feet. I have the driest, grossest heels. This gives my arms a mini workout.
I comb the cat.
I put this on. It's totally lame, and I'm aware of that fact. It also desperately needs to be ironed. I'm hoping by wearing it repeatedly my body heat will loosen the wrinkles.
I strut around in my wedding shoes.
I have started packing for the honeymoon.
I think I need to bring swimwear, so that's about as far as I've gotten before I get totally overwhelmed.
I gaze lovingly at pictures of T.Lo and my cat.
So as you can see, I don't have a lot going on. I even went to my school administration office to change my name. I was trying to be proactive, and get that done. They requested a new social security card. I didn't have that. I'M NOT MARRIED YET, SO HENCE I HAVEN'T OFFICIALLY CHANGED MY NAME. That was a little embarrassing. Fortunately, many people know my personality over there and probably weren't overly surprised. "Come back, honey, when you're married and have legally changed your name." Thanks.

No comments:
Post a Comment