Back in the summers of 1988, 1989, and 1990 I attended a little summer camp called Gnaw Bone. It was a two week long adventure in southern Indiana where I said goodbye to most modern amenities and roughed it. We watched no TV, we took showers outdoors and slept in open air cabins. I swam in a pond with snakes, went hiking, created macrame bracelets and participated in numerous other un-Betsy activities.
I was a slightly awkward girl, as I have mentioned before. So I ask, what says "rustic" better than denim shorts and Eastland shoes?
That is me. In all of my grade school glory.
Court doesn't look as bad, and neither does Robby.
I remember wondering why the boys didn't like me. I wonder no more, my friends.
That is the face of one cluelessly confident girl. Despite adversity regarding my looks, I remained fairly secure in myself and who I was. One had to have a good combo of perseverance and ignorance to go around sporting that look.
Now please turn your puter screen. I couldn't get this photo to rotate. I promise it will be worth the muscle effort.
Here is the Betsy, Courtney, Allison, Katie crew.
A&K were far older and cooler than the more openly affectionate duo of B&C.
Check out their demure stances and bangs. They were the epitome of sass and style.
*Thanks to Allison for bringing these out on Saturday night, making my night a little better.

No comments:
Post a Comment