Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Weekend


I started the long weekend with martinis and Bang Bang shrimp with two of my besties, Marinda and Karen. It had been a long week at school and we were due for a drink. I love, love, love this picture of K&M. Whitney couldn't go.

I headed to Crate and Barrel and finally used all of my gift cards from the wedding. I love these leaning bookshelves. T was a master carpenter putting them together. He still has to drill them to the wall, but I had fun putting some fun tchotchkes and photos up just to get an idea of how things will look. I still have lots of photos to print out, but things are coming along. I will have to enlist the help of Allison to put things in a way that looks decent. I am excited that our living room has a whole new look, and I'm finally able to display some of our beautiful wedding gifts.


Robeghan, my mother and I went to see this fabulous movie.
I can't say enough how great it was. Colin Firth was amazing and the movie portrayed him and the Queen Mum (Helena Bonham Carter) as very doting and loving parents to Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret. We had a lively discussion in the car trying to figure out how Queen Elizabeth turned out to be such a cold fish to her own children.

I went to my pilates studio for the Barre Effect class. I have been to it countless times, but still find it to be incredibly challenging. It takes me back to my Nancy Sauer School of Dance lessons, when I first discovered that ballet dancing was not in my future. My one advantage over the other petite cuties in my class is the ease with which I can hoist my ankles up over the barre. This is where my height is an advantage. I'm sure the others watch me with awe and are reminded of Natalie Portman, no?
Trinity and I hit up an Indy establishment that has long been on our list to try. It's only open on weekdays from 11-4. Thanks to Martin Luther King Jr, we were able to check it out. I had a chicken dog. Something about that sounds wrong, but it was good!
The highlight of the weekend was celebrating Tyler's birthday. I love that man. He's one of my favorite people. Allison, Jamie, Meg and I enjoyed some beverages.

Here's the birthday stud himself with Rob. I love this evolution of events.

Photo #1-very calm looking fellows.
Photo #2-shots of God knows what
Photo #3 The sleeper hold
All men in their 30s participate in such foolishness, right?
What a great weekend with family and friends!

No comments: