Trinity has long commented that Kashmir doesn't play. She sleeps. She rarely even gets a little pep in her step. We both suffer from an affliction known as lethargy. I have long since accepted this, but he has not. He thinks that she might just need to be taught how to play. On this random Monday evening, he decided to try and teach her. It all started with him going through random drawers looking for something, only to locate a packet of catnip. I have no idea where it came from, but it has remained in the drawer due to my distaste for kitties on crack. I have never given her catnip. It is truly a stimulant for cats and I don't jive with getting my cat high and strung out. My husband disagrees.
The cat crack was on the floor before I could react. Kashmir was acting all crazy before I could react. She was running, batting the packet, and rubbing her face all over it. Things got crazy. It was then that Trinity decided the kitty crack might just be the incentive needed to get her to play. My brilliant man devised a plan.
Step 1-use one's necktie to fashion a tether from the living room ceiling fan
Step 2-attach catnip packet with a small clip to the end of necktie, leaving it in kitty-enticing suspended motion
Step 3-retrieve kitty who absconded from the room
Step 4-introduce cat to new kitty noose. Grown man must demonstrate how to bat the pouch back and forth by thrusting motionless feline legs
Step 5-sit back, relax and watch cat ignore all of husband's hard work

3 comments:
I believe that the catnip was purchased by my husband about 5 years ago when we stayed at your house and you were out of town!
YOU ARE WELCOME!
This is exactly why I love my new son-in-law!
Tell Trinity to try what my Grammie used to do: She'd put the catnip inside a little stuffed toy (lightly stuffed) and then tied it on a string to the end of a pole - yes, like a fishing pole. Then she'd sit back in her rocking chair and cackle away the afternoon as she used one hand to dangle the kitty crack up and down in front of her 2 kitties and watched them flip out - literally flip - over it, and she was still able to drink her Budweiser with the other hand. That to her was a perfect afternoon.
Post a Comment