Oh, Emily Blunt, you were so right. After several days of the stomach flu, I have reached my goal weight. This is the only silver lining in a really crummy cloud.

I've dropped about 6 pounds in 2 days, according to the scale at the doctor's office.
Awesome! You know what's not awesome? Feeling like this. Other things that are awesome?
A husband who loves me and is willing to take care of my sickly needs.
He's not really an object, rather a person. Even in my sickened state I am objectifying him. He must feel so cheap-
Other awesome things when one can't keep anything in her system for longer than 30 minutes:
- Gatorade
- Saltines
- an iPad
- the newest issue of Indianapolis Monthly
- Tamiflu
- Promethazine (med that keeps you from throwing up-bulimics beware)
- Scrabble Slam (made for 2-4 players. I may be playing myself)
- my Kindle in a darling Great Gatsby cover courtesy of my sister and brother in law
- finishing "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand-such an incredible story of survival. No matter how yucky I feel, Louie Zamperini's ordeal makes my illness so trivial.
My nest of nastiness
My very inattentive daytime companion

1 comment:
Miss Betsy! I stumbled across your blog a few months back and have been silently stalking you since :) I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are feeling sick-o! But...I am happy to hear that you finished "Unbroken." Did you know that "Phil" is JD's Uncle Allen (Tina's cousin Karen Loomis' dad). Just thought that you might like to know your 7 degrees to the subjects of the book. Feel better soon!
Post a Comment