Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eve before Christmas Eve

Christmas started last night at my parents' house.  Caroline got her gift from us a little early.  She loves to play school. I put together this personalized calendar board for her.  
It was a huge hit.

Caroline brought her new pet, Cece.
She is the size of a guinea pig.

 Mother had a fancy table for us. That chandelier took 2 hours to decorate, just so you know.  I know because my mother told me.
That tree obscures my bridal portrait.  
I mean, really!  

Caroline introduced Uncle Kent to the Christmas crackers. Each one held a tissue paper crown.


In typical family fashion, we called a neighbor and had our picture taken wearing them.
The preparation was time consuming and hilarious. London refused to cooperate.

This is a totally normal moment for us.  Mom and her brother come from a long line of odd birds. They have continued that tradition with their own broods.

 This one is actually good.


I never miss an opportunity for cake.  Christ and cake, people, Christ and cake.

1 comment:

Schovillova said...

I once had a cake that said 'Happy Birthday Nicole and Jesus'. That was a lot of pressure. I think birthday cakes should host only one name at a time, especially if one of the names is 'Jesus'.