Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Party Party!!!!

We enjoyed the evening with our friends and family on Friday night revealing that our baby is a little girl.  I was super excited to share the news.

Marinda made these hair bows and bow ties for people to wear to vote.


There was a serious pink and blue theme going on in the home.  

Steph led the charge with her vote for a girl.

Mother cut the cake to reveal a lot of pink and buttery goodness!


Mom and Dad were thrilled, although Dad clearly thought we were having a boy.

I wore both colors to avoid unfairly influencing anyone during this highly dramatic event:)
The new outdoor furniture provided some serious lounge space for the partiers.  


Whitney, John and the girls lived it up with some lemonade and cake!

I think this would make  a wonderful Christmas card, and they could just add a note that they adopted a pregnant girl who is only 10 years younger than them.  

Marinda was a huge help with the soiree.  Jamie is all sunny and yellow.  I was plotting to borrow that shirt but I think we may be past fitting in that puppy.

My brother really is a giant.

We said no gifts, but leave it to my dearest pals to make us laugh.  In true Allison style creativity, she created onesies with Tequila and Tequilo on the front, filled the arms with tissue paper and filled the tummies with bottles of tequila. 
Husband loves tequila.  I do too, and I hope there is some left in a few months.
It was such a thoughtful gift from Jamie, Tim, Allison, Steve and Court.  


Kirby and Cinda preferred some vino.  

Kathy and Rick were a divided house on the vote and brought some gorgeous pink and blue flowers for us.  

This might be my favorite picture of the night.  Jake was taking chocolate cake pops home to his 3 children after my declining my generous offer of pieces of cake.  He explained that he would have accepted had our bambino been a boy, but the red dye in the cake would cause his children to bounce from the walls.
I have a lot to learn with this parenting thing. 

At the end of the night the boys broke into Tequila and the fun started.  

Everyone shoots liquor at a baby party, no?

The evening was a success and my first foray into entertaining was fun!  
We are still debating middle names, but have decided that our little girl will be
 Genevieve.
It is a family name for me, and one of my all time favorites.  
It is also the name of Madeline's dog, one of my beloved book characters from childhood.
I promise it's more about the family name.
We are looking forward to meeting Miss Vivi and I am talking to her a lot now.  According to my research, she can hear me now and will soon distinguish my voice from others.  Either that, or babble.com is seriously messing with  me.  

2 comments:

meezo said...

CONGRATS!!!! Love the name!! So cute!

Jessie Haynes said...

vivi! Such a great name. Congratulations--very happy for y'all!!