Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Furniture Acquisition

When Trinity got home from work on Friday we loaded up and drove south to my sister's house to get Genevieve's nursery furniture.  Dragging a UHaul trailer behind T's truck in 108 degree temperatures was so fun!  I wasn't cranky at all!  
On Saturday morning we tackled the attic and lugged down all sorts of baby accoutrements.  Caroline was in the thick of all of it, until she wasn't.

She soon grew tired of the hot attic and decided that she would take advantage of some new "toys."  Eloise tested out the Jeep jogging stroller.
You all know how I love to jog.
I think this will be better suited for the husband.  I can't stop laughing when I think of him running around the neighborhood with our child in that thing.  

CeCe was intrigued by the Bumbo seat.
It was perfectly sized for her. 
Yeah, right.
You could fit a whole litter of Ceces in that seat.
That dog is tiny, cute and enjoys making out with my feet.
Seriously, she gets right under your feet as you are walking and licks your toes.
I'm amazed she hasn't been smooshed to pieces by my equally gigantic sister or her child.  
Katie, Caroline and I all tend to walk with a heavy foot.
Brunhildas, unite!

This doll chillaxed in a car seat.


While this one was placed in some sort of vibrating chair.  
I want a vibrating chair, but a gentle one.
The one at the nail salon beats the tar out of me.
I had to have the man turn it off when I got a pedicure a month ago.
I told him it was going to send me into premature labor at 6 months.
He moved quickly to shut that thing off.  


We loaded up.
By "we" I mean husband, brother in law, and sister.  
Caroline rode her bike.
I watched BET.
I do enjoy me a little Black Entertainment Television.


Chip drove us down to the lake to visit the Cajun Snowball stand.
When I was growing up, we called this a Hawaiian Ice stand.  It seems the ethnicity has changed behind the concept.
It's still a bunch of shaved ice with Kool-aid mix poured over the top that loses its flavor before the ice is all consumed. 
It was refreshing.  


We got tatted up, courtesy of Kat Von D, aka Caroline.


Trinity opted for a forearm tattoo.


I chose the ever classy inner ankle locale for my cupcake tat.
I thought about a butt hat tattoo, you know, the kind that sits at a girl's lower waist, on her back?
Here I am thinking about that and giggling.
I quite loathe tattoos, not to be mean.
If you want one, great, I'm just not a fan.
I'm not really sure how I found and married a man who is almost 36 years old and survived Spring Breaks 1994-1999 without getting inked.
I'm just lucky, I guess.  

We dudded up and attended church with Aunt Shirley at the Presbyterian church.
It was my first Presbyterian experience.
I like to say "Presbyterian."
I also like that those Protestants don't kneel.
Can a pregnant woman get an amen?
Amen.


I have started to abstain from the kneeling at mass.
I'm getting larger, as you can see, so I'm sure no one is looking askance at my resistance to knee resting. 


Shirley is a multi-tasking church attendee.
She is an active member, but also the pianist, and the treasurer.
We loved seeing her. 



T's family on his mother's side are long time members of this sweet church in McKenzie.  


We are home now and will soon start to put together the nursery.  I will post pictures when we are done!

No comments: