Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Shower Time!

My dearest friends Allison, Courtney, Jamie and Meghan hosted a baby shower for me and Miss Genevieve last Sunday.  They had it at one of my favorite brunch spots, Petite Chou.  

My friends all thrilled me by dressing in vibrant colors.  There was a lot of hot pink, orange and jade.
I do love color, and they didn't disappoint.  

My girls are very detail oriented, so there were pink napkins, roses and lavender and pomegranate champagne cocktails.  I had a strawberry-ginger ale concoction served in a champagne flute.  
 Marinda, Whitney, Jodi and hostess Allison.
Allison folded the napkins according to a technique she learned in a napkin folding book that she just happens to own.
That's the way she rolls.  
 Meghan, Jamie, Karen and Lindsay.  You can see those fancy napkins in that shot.  
 Check out the color!!!
 Karen got me my pagoda changing pad cover.  I was clearly touched and mesmerized by this gift.  
 Prior to bringing out a glorious cake, they presented me with this flaming cup of whipped cream.  Cinda found it to be especially exciting.  Thanks to Cinda, I now have even more clothes for my daughter.  One-half of her twin combo, Miss Quinn, has quite the wardrobe.  

Look at that glowing pregnant woman.
Is it the beautiful life growing inside her womb?
Hells to the no, friends.
It be that cake!
Ah, the buttercream.  
Heaven.  
I had to loosen my sash.
That is happening more frequently.  
I guess I'm eating more, plus wearing sashes with great regularity.  

It was such a great day.
Thanks, girls!

No comments: