Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 1

We came home from the hospital after 4 nights, due to a little jaunt with jaundice.
My baby was yellow.  
Not good.
She had to stay under the incredibly bright lights, like she was in a tanning bed.
I assured her that she wasn't Carol Ann, so she need not stay away from the light.


We loaded up and were scared out of our minds to take her home.

Thank God Jane was there, although I don't have any pictures of her with the baby.
Yaya was a God send.
She has talked me off the ledge numerous times since Tuesday afternoon.  It seems newborns are challenging.
And by challenging, I mean, cry your eyes out and pull out your own hair trying to figure out what's wrong with your baby challenging.  

Marinda came to visit.

We had our first trip to the pediatrician.
Starbucks was needed.
Those are two sleep deprived, aged parents, right there.
Look at our tired eyes.
Pitiful.

Cankles are gone.
I'm quite thrilled about that.

Mom got out her camera and took a few photos.



Our regular ridiculousness has now been full of baby ridiculousness.

On Thursday evening, Robeghan came over for some delicious dinner prepared for us by YaYa.
Robby grabbed Trinity's iPad and started to google something.  Trinity's history came up.
Robby started laughing hysterically.
His recent searches were as follows:
my little lamb swing
baby hiccups
constipation post pregnancy
breast feeding
college football rankings
jaundice cause
how to swaddle a baby
Bose radio
my baby jumps at loud noises

We are hanging in there after one full week with our daughter, who is beyond precious to us.
T's mom comes this week!
I can't wait for more help.




No comments: