Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2012

Well, Guess Who is a Mother? Me!!!!

Well, I did it.  I have a baby.  Oh, and she's perfect.  
To prepare, T put in her car seat.
Guess how many advanced degrees it takes to get one of those in the car?
Well, we don't have doctorates, but at least a Master's degree is necessary.
A GED clearly wouldn't cut it.  



Safety engineering was sufficient training after a few minutes of effort!


We slept fairly well the night before and took the final bump picture at 5 a.m. on Friday. 

30 lbs of extra female, ready to roll.  

And boom!
9:30 a.m.
Sweet Trinity meets Genevieve Kate for the first time. 


7 lbs, 6 oz.
21 inches long.
A long skinny noodle, not unlike her father.
Her legs are colt like.
No Polish thighs inherited from her Brunhilda mother, at least not yet.

Here we are, back in our room several hours later.
She was bright eyed and bushy tailed.


Thank you, Morroccanoil.
Thanks to you, my hair held up fairly nicely for all of the work I did.
Which was, by the way, nothing.

Love this happy photo.


All has gone perfectly swimmingly.
The I.V. nurse tried to kill me, I swear.
It was an ugly scene.
Other than that, we've been great. 

She's rather pretty.


Genevieve Kate's information is super important.  I would put this on a trapper keeper if it was 1991 and she was in 7th grade.
Likes:  her hands, her own tongue, dance parties with her father, my boobs and equality for all.
Dislikes:  loud noises, bright lights and Fidel Castro.

Just kidding.  

Mother, your blogging and humor makes me yawn.

You're not as funny as you think. 

She wore her UT gear to watch her daddy coach the Volunteers.


More pictures of visitors and updates to come!
We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Betsy!! She is a beautiful baby. I hope to meet her soon! :) --Jessie Haynes