Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

G's Big Weekend

I had a hard time leaving my little peanut to go to school on Friday.  I am the crazy mother who snaps a photo of her child at daycare like everyday before she leaves.
Why?
So I can look at it all day at work.
Sappy McSapperson, please get a life.  
I know. 

We had a little girl time on Friday after school before I had to be back at the elementary scene for our first Father-Daughter dance.
It was a hit.
I was in charge of the cake table.
I'll have you know that there was plenty for others and I only ate one piece.
I'm also officially past the point in my life where I enjoy CountryTime Lemonade. 
I will stick with the real stuff.
I was almost asphyxiated by that powder when I went to mix more with about 10 gallons of water in one of those Gatorade barrel thingies.
Not good.

The dance was great.
I was thrilled to see lots of dads in suits and little girls in corsages and glittery Mary Jane shoes.


I got to shaking as well.
I didn't capture that in a selfie.

On Saturday I visited with my high school bestie, Miss Mandy.


She continues to be just a rip roarin' good time, even at her kid's birthday party.
I love that woman.

Her mini me, Gracie Jane, turned 5.

Mandy did what any mother would do.
She arranged for a small zoo to come to her parents' house for the party.
Gracie was all like,
"in a while, crocodile"


Here is a blue tongued Skink.
Or skank.
I don't know.
It was a snake with legs.
Gross.
Genevieve touched it.


Then I started singing Foxy Lady when he brought out this tiny 2 lb fox.
It ran right in G's lap.
There were some tears, but they were short lived.
I'm not sure if my girl is really chillaxed, or suffers from short term memory loss like her mother.



Either way, she was like, "bring out another!"
I sacrificed my pride by showing this beautiful mouth breathing shot of me, Sasquatch, so you can all see G's hand pounding excitement.


What a hoot!


G cooperated for the whole show and then decided that this princess thing was a lot like her mobile, so she decided to swat at it.
Thank God I was there or she might have fallen off the couch.
Of course, had I not been there she wouldn't have been perched there in the first place.


We went home from the Silly Safari party and G refused to take a nap.
She was acting like a tyrannical Bindi Irwin.
Geez.

I got G this darling outfit that looks like she vomited ruffles.


If you want me to smile dear mother, you're going to need to get out some sweet potatoes.


And scene!


Spent at 7:00!
Just like her mother!

No comments: