Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kindermusik, Kitty and Keeneland

Well, that might just have been my most clever and alliterative title yet.
I'm so proud of myself.
What I'm not proud of is the amount of time I spent submitting photos of Kashmir to catsofinstagram.

Like this one.
I know I'm biased, but that puss is destined for the limelight.
Am I right?

When I wasn't busy trying to exploit the family pet, I managed to jump start my daughter's musical career.
Genevieve and I are attending her first Kindermusik class tomorrow.
I have no idea what this nonsense entails, but me thinks they won't give my 7 month old child some rhythm sticks with which to blind herself.

Kindermusik is an amazing program, or so I've heard.
I'll update you after our first experience.
I just hope this isn't how Billy Ray got Miley started in the biz.
We all know how she turned out.

We had a fun filled weekend as a family.
On Friday evening Trinity and I were able to try out a fairly new restaurant called Bluebeard.  


My mother came to hang out with G.
It was super cool, they had tons of beers, and our bartender was skinny and wore a tight henley shirt.





I kinda like that look.
I'm sure Trinity will wear something like that like never.
The first of two Proseccos.
"Prosecco" in Italian means "Betsy's best friend." 


On Saturday morning we set off to Lexington to enjoy a beautiful spring weekend with Abby and Papi.

She had to have a little playtime before we departed for the Kentucky Horse Park.  


Hello, Secretariat.
You aren't buried here, but Man O' War is.
Man O' War was only the most amazing horse ever.


I think I shall ride this barrel.
My kid is asleep.
What else is there to do?


Still sleeping...


Awake and breaking everyone's backs.


Genevieve was most intrigued by the horse museum.





She started kicking like a mule in the Arabian Horse exhibit and Abby tried to get that little 20 pound sack of potatoes to cooperate.


She said "neigh" to the nap.  I know I have used that pun before, but it is simply brilliant.

On Sunday morning I slept in until 8:45 and enjoyed some coffee at my leisure thanks to my mother in law.
She snagged G right out of her crib at the first peep and I stayed asleep.

Genevieve was all smiles in the 70 degree Lexington weather.  

Attempts at family photos are always funny.
My eyes are closed for this one.

We left our little nugget and went to Keeneland to see some action.



I do love to look at horses.
The weather was perfect for horse gazing and outdoor imbibing.


I decided I love Keeneland.
I hit up the bar and the lady bartender asked me if I wanted a "Lilly."  It had vodka, Triple Sec, cranberry juice and something else.
She said the cocktail was a lovely pink that would match my purse.
Oh, lady.
It sounds like Lilly could join Betsy and Prosecco in a sewing circle.


We placed bets on the first 3 races.
I used serious strategery when I placed my wagers.
I didn't fool with the odds.
I used names alone!
I picked Miss Dora for race one.
Lost.
I selected Owl Moon for race two  because that is one of my favorite books to read to students.
Lost.
Lastly, I picked Admiral Kitty for race 3, thinking that horse might be related to War Emblem or War Admiral, two great stallions.
Also, I like kitties.
Lost.




Another Lilly to match my purse made me happy again.
I didn't scream out for Dover to move his bloomin' arse.
There was not a Dover racing. 


We packed it in and ran by Pat and Eddie's to get Genevieve and come home.

She had an equally delightful time with them.
They went on a walk, visited neighbors and balanced on arm rests to dance.

She loved it so much and they wore her out.


Papi was reluctant to put her in her seat for the car ride home.


We love that T's parent are living in such a beautiful city.
We are already planning a return trip to Keeneland for the fall races in October.  




No comments: