Li'l Pumpkin Butter was 7 months on the 14th.
She has reached some big milestones.
She is sitting on her own without support from her hovering mother.
She is now eating fruits and vegetables regularly.
Our girls loves bananas, apples and peaches.
She shrivels up that mouth over green beans and carrots.
Much like her YaYa and Abby, she can chow down on sweet potatoes.
21 lbs of preciousness.
She is consistently rockin' a hair bow, under my close supervision. She puts everything in her mouth.
I know you are all on pins and needles over Genevieve's reaction to Kindermusik.
Well, you'll all be shocked to know...
*please focus on my happy baby and not on my feet. Their beauty can be distracting.
She loved it!!!
She cooed, she laughed, she talked, and she rolled in perfect syncopation.
For all of you non-music people, that means the off beat.
Duh.
I may have just learned that in our first class.
Yes, yes I did.
There were 3 other babies with their parents feeling the rhythm for the duration of the 45 minute class.
Since I can't carry a tune in a bucket, yet sing because I have joy in my heart, I loved it.
I tried to keep my voice low and really sing only to my child.
When I was in church a few weeks ago, the lady next to me told me I should join the choir.
I flushed with excitement and said, "but I can't sing."
She replied, "no, but you have such enthusiasm."
Ah, truer words were never spoken.
If there's one thing I have, it is enthusiasm.
Momma can't sing, but momma loves to dance.
By the way, I'm momma.
I quickly discovered that I had moves like Jagger compared to some awkward dads in attendance.
Not that I'm being competitive in baby dancing.
I will bring my own version of awkward dadness when Trinity joins us next week in class.
I am never awkward.
Like right here.
This isn't awkward.
Marinda and I had our pictures taken during spring picture day this week.
We felt a mirror image would be powerful.
We conspired to both look above the camera at S in the RESPONSIBILITY banner.
We obviously didn't clarify whether it was the first or second S.
We then scored a bedazzled cane that one of our coworkers uses.
Here is our 1987 dance studio/Mr. Peanut pose.
I really like to maintain professionalism on the job, as you can see.
Happy weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment