Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Weekend

Our weekend started with an early pick up of Miss Genevieve from daycare on Friday.
She had another double ear infection.
No more wishy-washiness for us.  We go to the ENT in two weeks and most likely our girl will be getting some tubes!
All of the cool kids are doing it.
My little lady love is particularly clingy of late.  She is about 2 inches behind me at all times, if she is not peeking out from between my legs.
I wish I was kidding.
So when she saw me doing a little stretching, she joined right in.  




She now mimics everything she sees.


*It's amazing how big my legs look in these photos.  It is just a bad angle and they are totally normal.  Except that they're not. 

On Saturday we visited Indy Reads Books, a great little used bookstore downtown.  They had therapy dogs visiting, so I jumped at the chance to take G.
She just loves dogs.  
She warmed up quickly to Terrence, this Mini-Pin.



This was as close as she would get to Hallie, the Poodle. Maybe it was the puff ponytail on the top that unnerved my child.  I was rather disappointed, because I thought that dog was cuuuuute.  


I mean, look at those toes!
G ripped up a book before I could get to her, so I embraced the "You break it, you buy it" policy.  I was relieved to be out only $1.  If it ain't a board book, G will shred a book like it's toilet paper. 

I rewarded such naughtiness with a trip to one of my favorite spots.  The name says it all.  It is not false advertising.  


Their truffles are my favorite, but they also make some great gelato.  Gelato for Genevieve would make a great book title. 


 I had to make a tough choice today between running up to the mall and taking a nap.  Naps usually win, but I had lots to return.  I came home to see my little copycat working hard with her father.  



Trinity cleaned out the garage and swept the screened in porch today.  I took a nap.  The mall trip really wore me out.  Our yard is looking more springy each day!  Only 18 more school days left!

No comments: