Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 18, 2014

California Trip: Getting There and Day 1


Trinity attended the National Safety Conference in San Diego this past week, and he took two stowaways with him!
Actually, he was smart and booked a different flight from the one that Genevieve and I were on.  
YaYa and Bob went with us to offer moral support and assistance in overall toddler corralling.  I knew T would be in meetings all day, so I had to call in reinforcements.
I'm not really sure how people handle more than one child.
Bob and Jane know a thing or two about herding kids.  They had 3 children under the age of 4 at one point.

We jazzed up G about airplanes for weeks in advance.
She hesitated right before she actually got on the plane, but then it was business as usual.
Think Fantasy Island.
"Da plane. Da plane."


I look terrible here.
I think I had just taken a swig of Benadryl to try to calm my own nerves.


Would she or would she not sleep?

She slept!  


Genevieve recharged her engine with a nearly 3 hour nap on the plane. 

Then she was ready!
She rode a school bus with Bob.




It was actually an Enterprise Rental car bus, but close enough. 

We had a bit of a wait to get our car, but Genevieve was able to keep herself entertained doing the worm on the benches in the waiting room.
It was worth the wait.
They tried to give Bob a two door Mustang.
What year is this, 1994?
Am I in high school, trying to be impressed?
I think not.
Give me some type of 4 door vehicle, or ye shall receive a swift kick to the shins, automated Enterprise lady.


We enjoyed our first meal at True Food Kitchen.


Their food is super healthy California fare, so I upped my veggie intake with this cucumber infused margarita.
I gave G the death stare as the 3 hour time change was starting to catch up with her.
The time change and the heat compelled my child to uproot some of the grass in the restaurant and chuck some mulch on the table.
Bob tried to soothe her.
Good times.  



Like I mentioned, the time change was a bit rough.
I pushed her usual 7:15 bedtime (4:15 CA time) back 2 hours to 9:15 (6:15 CA time).  
You read that right.
My husband and I got in bed while the sun was shining brightly in beautiful San Diego at 6:30 p.m.
Granted, it felt like 9:30 to us, since we were still on Indiana time.  
It still was just funny.

It wasn't funny when G  was awake on Saturday morning at 3:30 a.m. local time.
College Game Day isn't on at that time, no matter what time zone you're in.



We had 3 hours to kill before we could even think about interacting with other humans, so we spent some time roaming the lobby.

Speaking of humans...


these two birds were ready to roll for breakfast at 7:15.
In case you didn't know, when you've been married for 43 years you wear matching outfits.

We also hit up the local farmer's market.  
Flat Stanley came too.


After 2 hours out among the masses, we retired back to our room for a nap at 9:30.

I napped as well.
I know you're shocked.
At noon we were ready to really see some things.  

Genevieve waited for YaYa and Bob.
Chip and Dale waited too.  


We cancelled out the kale and quinoa we had for dinner the night before by stopping at In-N-Out Burger.
My goodness that place is good.  



Trinity was in training, so we drove down the Pacific Coast Highway and spent the afternoon in La Jolla. 


It was so gorgeous.



We visited the children's beach.
The water was clear near the shore and we saw some seals close by.  






My child hated the sand and the water.  

We returned to San Diego and picked up Trinity for dinner.  




We had Pizzeria Mozza, which we had discovered when we visited  Newport Beach two years ago.
It was so good.
Then it was off to sleep at 6:30!


No comments: