Bob insisted that we visit Disneyland on this trip. He did his research and found that Mondays in September are the least crowded of the year.
Mom and I thought that he was nuts and G was too young, but as is typically the case, my father knew what he was doing.
We were up and on the choo-choo at 6 a.m. to Anaheim.
We had to take an Amtrak train since there was no chance in he** that my mother was getting "on the five" as she affectionately referred to the freeway.
I can barely get her on 465 in Indianapolis, let alone I-5 in California.
We were all smiles so early in the morning!
We had already been up since 4 anyway!
The train ride was great. It went right past the ocean.
It was a beautiful and stress-free way to get there.
This was the view.
Why do we live in Indiana?
We went straight to the Californian Hotel in Disney to eat breakfast with Chip and Dale at the Chip and Dale Critter breakfast.
She wasn't too freaked by Chip and Dale, but the other "critters" included two bears with big teeth and a giant raccoon.
Even I was afraid.
I didn't get photos of those reactions since I was too busy shooing those pesky critters away from our table.

We sprayed on our sunblock and headed into the mayhem.
Lawd, my friends, it was hot.
At 10 a.m. it was already like 88 degrees.
Bob was representing our alma mater, as usual.
Disney had all of their fall finery out, but the weather didn't correlate with that fall.
Now, I have to hand it to my mother.
She was like a track star when a character appeared.
She ran like the wind.
Once again, G wasn't sure about the characters.
Minnie was a hit.
There was no fear with this one.
She was thrilled, despite what her face shows.
YaYa was really thrilled.
We spent almost all of our time in FantasyLand.
G loves a carousel.
We rode it twice.
There was no line.
Good work, Bob.
We skittled over to the Flying Dumbo ride.
We waited about 10 minutes and things were heating up.
This picture of G and Bob might be my favorite.
We hit up Dumbo a second time on our way out of the park later and had no wait.
We needed a break after that and went to ride It's A Small World.
I love that ride.
I'm not sure why she looks so freaky here, but I think it was the steam on the camera?
She was also really hot!
She was mesmerized.
We all cooled off.
Nostrils!
Two sweaty gals spinned their rear ends off.
We saw Pluto, and we had another iffy reaction!
We spent a lot of time in Toon Town and met Mickey. I'll post the picture once we get it.
G dozed off in FrontierLand.
Bob stood watch with a BBQ sandwich while my mother and I ran off to Big Thunder Mountain!
We got right on and in the front row.
It was great.
We also rode the Roger Rabbit ride and Pinnocchio (which was freakin' terrifying).
We ended the day with waters at Starbucks (teas for the grandparents). It was 100 degrees.
The next morning she was so jazzed about Minnie.
Here was our last breakfast after I told her we had to leave California!




















No comments:
Post a Comment