We hosted a very small affair in honor of our little lady turning 2. She had her actual birthday in California without cake, so I had to make up for that!
Abby and Papi could not make it since they are in the middle of a move. Uncle Robby and Aunt Meghan had a wedding to attend. Uncle Chip, Aunt Katie, Caroline, and Aunt Shirley live a little far to drive for a 2 hour party.
We were sad pandas about missing some of our favorite people, but G was soon distracted by
CAKE!!!!!
She had a hard time waiting for her few guests to arrive so I let her sample the goods.
YaYa snuck in a little photo session.
The wind was so naturally blowing through our hair, much like Brooke Shields in an old Jordache jeans ad.
We had a big box fan out there to create this effect.
Chortle, chortle.
The weather was just perfect with a bit of wind.
I laughed until I cried about this photo attempt.
I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but it appears as though I am trying to compete in some sort of local beauty pageant for mothers.
Where am I gazing?
What's with that poker straight posture?
At least I'm not slouching as is my usual pose.
Charlotte and Liam were excited little present helpers.
YaYa, Bob, Uncle Chip, Aunt Katie and Caroline certainly delivered with a Bitty Baby and lots of accessories.
Uncle Kent, Aunt Cindi, Cousin Scott, and his girlfriend Rachel arrived ready to party and with some fun Elmo gifts.
We bid adieu to YaYa and Bob, which always elicits tears.
Then Jamie, Allison, Trinity and I sipped Stella Artois Cidres on the porch (so good) as the kiddos played in the yard.
Charlotte found a fuzzy caterpillar that she named Pumpkin.
Pumpkin provided at least 30 minutes of entertainment before he was set free.
It was a great afternoon.




No comments:
Post a Comment