We loaded up and drove south to Tennessee on Friday for Trinity's 20th high school reunion. We kicked off the fun at his high school's football game. Sister Katie and her crew tailgate at all of the home games.
Yes, you read that correctly.
They tailgate at high school football games.
Henry County has an amazing team and I believe they have won the state championship for the last two years.
It's like Friday Night Lights, only not in Texas.
Katie got Genevieve a t-shirt to match Caroline's and we were ready to roll.
Genevieve observed this hay climbing from a distance.
Caroline and her friends flocked to see this guy, who is apparently a Tennessee news legend.
He flew in on a helicopter, and landed right on the field.
It was like reliving that scene where Sandy Frink arrives at Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.
I really could not get Romy and Michelle out of my head all weekend.
I so desperately wanted to tell someone that I had invented Post-its.
My toddler practically passed out from the heat and humidity. I have never seen her so warm. Her hair was dripping wet and her face was bright red.
I tried to pretend that she wasn't mine.
Who wants to claim a sweaty toddler with a soggy diaper?
Not this lady!
Before you get all judgy, I'll let these pictures speak for themselves.
The heat was cooking her little baby brain because she was stumbling around in circles.
You can see I'm not exaggerating the redness.
Yes, I sipped hard cider at a high school football game while wearing coordinating polka dots with my 2 year old.
Judge away!
On Saturday morning I slipped away for an hour massage at Jaspe, a lovely new spa in Paris.
Selfie time!
Post massage glow.
Here's another one to show that I dressed like Smee.
We celebrated G's 2nd birthday with our TN family.
Caroline was equally excited about that Elmo cake.
Aunt Shirley came to see our girl.
We had a great time visiting and Genevieve told her about her cake.
The Perrys came too, but sadly I don't have a picture of that fabulous family.
I'm so grateful to them for giving G this Minnie Mouse yacht.
I don't have enough tiny plastic crap around my house!
We dolled ourselves up in matching shades of lavender for the big event on Saturday night.
The invitation said casual, and T insisted that we wear jeans.
When I walked into a sea of dresses, I nearly drop kicked my husband.
There is little I despise more than being underdressed.
I made a quick recovery by pulling a Lilly Pulitzer shift dress out of my clutch.
I jest.
That would have been quite the party trick, though.
I met a lot of folks and learned my sister is quite the popularity queen in town.
It was BYOB, which is common in this county. I still cannot get used to it. We walked in with a pint of rum in a paper bag. I'm not even joking. I left my monogrammed liquor bag in Indiana.
Dang!
We also forgot an appropriate mixer.
I was not about to mix rum with the sweet tea in plastic jugs on the back table.
Lucky for us, Natalie and Joey had yet to arrive, so we texted them to pick up a 2 liter of Diet Coke.
Then I was all set to par-tay!
The class members had blue name tags and spouses/dates had red ones. I imagine this was quite helpful so you had a clue as to whether or not you should be recognizing people.
I wanted to photo bomb the color guard picture, but T said that was not appropriate.
They had yearbooks out on a table and I was so blessed to find this picture.
That is my man hanging in the guidance office in 1994.
I have never seen his yearbook, so at this point the rum and Diet coke nearly spilled all over my jeans as I chortled and snorted with great fanfare.
I mean, how did he keep the ladies at bay?
I have no idea.
I wanted to ask every girl that I met how she resisted the charms of my future husband.
The 90s stache.
My high school eyebrow(s).
Had we been a couple back in '94 we would have been an unstoppable force of facial hair.
We hung out with Joey for most of the night.
He received a very distinguished award for making a 180 change from "breakin' the law to Leave it to Beaver."
Joey is quite tame compared to his high school days.
We had such fun and now I'm excited for my 20th reunion in 2017.

















No comments:
Post a Comment