Genevieve woke up around 4 a.m. on September 14th quite eager to celebrate her birthday.
I'm kidding.
She was just awake crazy early again.
At 6:30 we loaded up the stroller and ventured out for breakfast before Trinity had to go to another day of training.
We returned and spent an hour at the pool. I should say we spent an hour in the hot tub.
Don't worry, I consistently got her out every few minutes and she often just sat with her feet in the water.
She loved the hot tub.
We then took a mother-daughter nap in honor of her birthday.
These pictures seemed so long ago, yet also just like yesterday.
I won't get all sappy over the last two years.
I just remember feeling so clueless about having a baby.
Now I'm clueless about having a 2 year old.
Bob and Jane took us to Coronado Island for lunch.
We had hot dogs at Delux.
G was just a little tickled about being two.
We went to the Hotel Del Coronado and walked around and had ice cream.
I had planned to take G to Sprinkles Cupcakes for her birthday.
I realized that afternoon that Sprinkles was in La Jolla, which is where we had been the day before.
I usually don't make those kinds of errors regarding cake eating, my friends.
I was in near tears.
WE HAD NO CAKE ON G'S BIRTHDAY.
I almost can't bring myself to write that down.
So I'll type it in all capital letters so you know just how distraught I was am.
We went back to San Diego and Genevieve spent the evening with YaYa and Bob.
She had room service because she's fancy.
She's so fancy that she sat on the floor and ate it wearing her diaper.
Her fancy parents went to Nobu for dinner.
It was divine.
We left our daughter behind on her birthday so we could go out to dinner.
We win Parents of the Year.
Don't judge too harshly.
It was 5:30 and she was ready for bed when we left.






No comments:
Post a Comment