Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Butterfly Gap

Sweet T and I had quite an adventure this week over my spring break. Katie and Chip bought us a gift certificate to go to The Butterfly Gap retreat in Maryville, TN. This lovely place was featured in the June issue of Southern Living magazine, and I started whining to my family then how much I wanted to go. My dear sister and her sometimes annoying husband indulged us by getting us a trip there for Christmas! It was marvelous!

Here I am in the office, checking in. The place is very remote, so we went right in and had to use a walky talky to contact the owners. They came down in a jiffy to check us in, but not before...
I discovered a rack full of hand knit scarves! Naturally I had to put one on and wrap myself up mummy-style!
We posed in front of the lovely pond.

Our little house had a fireplace and homemade cookies waiting for us.
The day we arrived was a bit mucky and rainy. Fortunately, my man has a fair collection of outdoorsy gear, so he outfitted me in this slicker with a hood. We rolled up our fancy pants jeans that are way too long so they wouldn't get muddy, grabbed some Blue Moons and set off for a rainy little hike.
I am the Green Hornet!
Here is the beautiful reception area. This is available for weddings and other gatherings. I actually looked into this place for our wedding, but was worried it was too far away.
They also have a little wedding chapel.
Blue Moon walking

Blue Moon walking, lady style.
The sun came out and we were able to sit on the dock. My camera with its self timer was precariously perched on a thin railing. I will do anything to capture the perfect shot! We had a marvelous time. Thank you to the Kenworthys!

No comments: