Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Postage Stamp-sized Home

Once upon a time in 2006 a 27 year old chick bought herself a prime piece of real estate. At a tad over 1100 square feet, I finally had a place of my own and it was quite spacious for me and Special K, aka Kashmir. Now that I have an extra resident, things are getting a little cramped.
The tiny feline that Trinity refers to as "Pork Chop" hasn't gotten any bigger.

We cannot buy a new home until Trinity sells his home in Tennessee. We currently have two homes, which makes us like real estate moguls, in my opinion. As much as I'd like to accrue assets and such, (this is stuff I learned from The Celebrity Apprentice) I really just want to have a wee bit more space. Not a lot. I don't need a big fancy pants house, with like 4,000+ square feet. That's obnoxious. Or maybe, just maybe, I can't afford one of those houses.

Anyway, after a couple of bridal showers, the house is becoming tapped out on space. I need to clear out old stuff and put away the new. I am officially finished with school now, and will have ample time to rearrange. When I walked into my dining room, which is now moonlighting as a storage shed, I discovered this sight...

Now I know what you're thinking. Is that "Diana Blue" by Porter Paints on the walls? Yes. Are those cast off dining room chairs donated by your way more financially secure sister? Yes. Is that a possum in the corner? No. That is my Puss in Boots style wedding present security patrol.
When I got too close, this is what happened. She stretched and yawned to show me not to attempt to touch any Crate and Barrel mixing bowls.
She's officially off duty and we need a bigger house.

No comments: