I am a tad obsessed with strawberries. As soon as the first berries arrive in the store, I typically eat 3-4 pints of them a week, if not more. I eat them plain, with no sugar. I have had a long affair with the strawberry, and also had every Strawberry Shortcake doll made such as Lemon Meringue, Orange Blossom and Raspberry Tart to name a few. Trinity calls me "Strawberry Hunt".
We headed today to a pick your own strawberry farm to get my fix. We were assigned a row and were given a cardboard box and a flag to mark where we stopped picking. It was all very organized. It was also very hot. Trinity picked a lot fewer berries than me, mostly because he kept saying that he was "berry picky" when making his selections. His other comments included, "Betsy, where are all of the rabbits? If I was a bunny rabbit I would totally live in this berry patch." Ah, the deep thoughts of my true love.
Here he is with his flag and perfect strawberry selection.
I was not as selective. It was hot.
We did this for about 15 minutes and I nearly passed out. Cotton pickin' in the deep South would not have been a career choice for me.
The haul!

1 comment:
Hey, Betsy! I discovered your blog via Facebook...I am a new member of Face Space Nation. Anyway, I am a blogger too these days and LOVE/ADORE yours! I am now going to be a regular reader of yours, if you don't mind! ;)
Hope all is going well.
Jessie (Haynes)
Post a Comment