Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Shout out to my Mommas

Ah, Mother's Day. A wonderful day to appreciate those women in my life that deserve a lot of respect for growing people. This is nothing short of amazing. What's even more amazing is that all 3 of them managed to vacate people from their wombs successfully.
First up on that list is my own dear mother, Jane. When it comes to childbirth, Jane is a real champ. She birthed an 8 1/2 pounder with Katie, I was like 9 lbs, 6 oz, and then big headed Rob came out at exactly 10 pounds. She required no epidural, or rather, was not offered one in po' dunk Terre Haute. One might think Rob was her most difficult birth because he was so ginormous. Such was not the case! It was I, Betsy, ever selfish and wanty from the start, who tried to leave taking along with me her placenta, uterus and other such necessities. The doctor abruptly stopped me from being so needy, but the condition unfortunately persists.
Jane was/is a strong personality who taught all 3 of her spawn to be strong and independent, even though she won't drive across the street by herself now:) Oh, but seriously, she has always been steady, reliable, and incredibly loving. My fondest memories involve my precious mother. She's also quite a looker-
Mother aka Silver Fox
Next up for discussion is sister Katie. She has always been the nurturer of the family, incredibly generous, and puts everyone before herself. This always worked out well in our relationship. She puts me first, I put me first. Katie always wanted to be a mother, and now has Caroline, who fulfilled that need. When she put Caroline before me, it took some adjusting. Now I suppose this is natural, but it took some adjusting all the same.
Finally, my last mother of the hour is Miss Pat. Thank goodness for this sassy, blonde Southerner. She is responsible for bringing my true love into this world, complete with gentlemanly manners and a hell of a lot of hair. Trinity's mother is what I like to call a Good Time Charlie, someone who is the life of the party and always makes you smile. She is also a talker. When Pat and Jane get together I wonder who will take a breath first in the conversation. They both enjoy the talking.

Lastly, I must honor this furry hot mess. Although I don't usually refer to her as a "fur baby" as many childless women might do, she has inspired some mommy-like tendencies in me. I feed her, I love her, and mostly I antagonize her.

No comments: