Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Cubbies!

Saturday was a big day! My dear father decided to take me and Trinity to Chicago to see the Cubbies play! Trinity had never been to a game at Wrigley Field, and I haven't been since I was a little girl in love with Ryne Sandberg. Dad wanted to celebrate Rob completing his first year of law school. We are so proud of our once wayward son who has a higher IQ than yours truly. My discovery of this fact is an entirely different post! Anyway, Dad planned a totally spontaneous trip to Chicago for a day of baseball fun. Mother did not attend. Why? Jane has an unnatural fear of driving to Chicago and she is terrified of being hit in the head with a baseball. This second part is not likely, but my dear mother was one shat upon by a seagull, so let's just say she isn't the luckiest lass around.
The game was so much fun, complete with lots of drunkards. On our way out of Wrigley, Dad was approached by a man who read the red "I" on his cap as an emblem of Wisconsin. He shook Dad's hand, slobbered all over him, slurring the word "Wisconsin" repeatedly. Dad, ever friendly, responds with "Wisconsin?" I had to interrupt with, "Buddy, that is an Indiana cap he's wearing. Wrong Big Ten school, fool." I actually left out that last word.
Dad drank nothing all day but water, as seen below. He is not as rowdy as his children, or that crazy Wisconsin man.

Meghan, rocking some shades, and the man of the hour. I think he is thinking about having another beer, or possibly Fraggle Rock. I'm not sure which based on that grin.
Post hot dog eating, but before nachos and chocolate chip cookies.
Besides the game, this little girl was the best part of the afternoon. She was hilarious, eating constantly, and walking up and down our row. She stood the whole time. At one point she rested her head on the shoulder of the random man in front of her. Oh, and she wore a bib all afternoon. I wish she had an extra one. I totally could have used one too.
Nacho eating. This got really messy.
Up there is the one and only Vince Vaughn. I love that native Chicagoan and funny man. He led us in the 7th inning stretch. This moment could have only gotten better if Jennifer Aniston was with him. I love her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bets... I'm so sorry that you Dad doesn't love you guys enough to take you to a Cardinals game.