Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Winery Trip

Trinity and I had an evening adventure at a local winery. The Mallow Run Winery was having a pizza night, featuring their wine and Bazbeaux Pizza, which is my favorite spot for pizza. We arrived at about 5:15, with all of the rest of Indiana. It was so crowded! There was a great mix of retirees, college kids, newly married couples and babies. Lots of babies. I didn't think babies were allowed in places such as wineries, but apparently babies like wine too.

We started off with a little wine tasting. Meet our wine expert, Stephanie. She also teaches at my school. Stephanie is very cool, calm and collected. I discovered she maintains the same level of calm serving Sweet T and I wine that she does teaching 3rd graders, and the two of us can get pretty rowdy. I mean who doesn't get raucous slurping down sweet Blackberry wine made in the Hoosier Heartland? Some of the wines tasted like fruity preserves, which is just my style. I don't do dry, unless we're talking humor.




The weather and pizza were great. Here Sweet T is leading me to the car around 8:00 p.m. We had to roll home early, because I missed my nap.

No comments: