Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Odds and Ends

Life has been pretty boring lately. There isn't a lot to report. This weekend was quite mellow. We went to Bonefish Grill for dinner on Saturday. I had a free salad, which made me extremely happy. I was sick this week from school and Trinity got me the Florida Cobb Salad from Bonefish as a treat. When he delivered it to me we discovered that it was missing grilled chicken. That ingredient was key. I was miffed. After two phone calls with BG, and one offer for some poor schmuck to drive a new salad to my house, we settled on a freebie on our next visit. We cashed that in a mere four days later. We then headed downtown to The Ball and Biscuit, my favorite bar. We sat and laughed with Robeghan until 11:30. I can't believe I stayed out that late. It was a miracle. Notorious R.O.B. turns 30 on January 7th, so we spent a good deal of time talking about planning a Jay-Z style soiree. Okay, I totally made up that last part. I don't even know what that means. We just know we want to have a party. Details to follow on that, as my inner Colin Cowie kicks in.
This morning I felt a tad crummy again, so no church. No worries, though. We invited this guy to dinner:

That would be Pope John Paul II, or JPII as I like to call him.

Okay, we didn't actually have him, but we had his likeness, a rendering of his most holy pontiff if you will.
Oh, and those are Subway napkins. I take a ton at every fast food place I frequent. I have yet to purchase paper napkins in my life. Katie, as a McDonald's owner-operator calls this "stealing."
What is this you are asking? This, my friends, is a flask. It holds liquor. It is awesome. Everyone knows us Catholics are not into alcohol abstinence. We imbibe frequently. This wonderful creation belonged to my beloved Uncle Maurice, who has now been a Catholic priest for over 50 years. He is not a drinker, so JPII has been hiding some sweet Frangelico style liquor for like 30 years. My dad brought him to me and I claimed him as a wedding gift. I soaked him in soapy water for several hours and now he is empty. Empty except for the presence of the Holy Spirit, I mean. He joins at every meal, and we love him.

In the spirit of totally oddball topics, I got some love and affection from my local Kroger bag boy this afternoon. As I was about to pay, I noticed the young man who could have body/face doubled for Scooby Doo's Shaggy was gazing at me. Here was our conversation:
Bagger: So, I haven't seen you around campus. Are you a student at IUPUI?
Hot Betsy: No.
Bagger: Oh, where do you go to school?
Hot Betsy: Lincoln Elementary. I'm a teacher.
Bagger:Wow! Is this like your first year or something?
Hot Betsy: Actually, this is my 10th year. I'm 31 years old.
Bagger (astonished, embarrassed, stammering): Man, that's amazing! You can't be! I totally thought you were in college! That's cool that you look so young.
I gathered my items that he had bagged and flashed my youthful smile.
That, people, is how it's done.
I was sure to tell my husband that he was married to a hot coed.

Lastly, I had T video my affections towards Kashmir this week. She is so soft and fluffy, I can't resist her. Please witness how she literally bites my eye socket. She's so wonderful.

No comments: