Trinity and I went to Durham, North Carolina to visit Courtney this past weekend. I lived there for 2 years right out of college, and had my first teaching job there. I have not visited Courtney there in several years. It had changed a lot since I was last there. We packed a lot of fun into a little bit of time.
Special K was overwhelmed by two suitcases.
The first stop straight from the airport was Moonlight Pizza in Raleigh. Bazbeaux has nothing on this place. I love it. I was a regular customer back in 2001.
Class from hell + gourmet pizza joint with a full bar=lots of visits from a stressed out first year teacher.
Courtney's boyfriend Nick really appreciated our order.
Note my pin. It was Halloween party day at school, so I wore a ghost pin with light up eyes. Spooky!
What? This is an Airstream Trailer that sells gourmet cupcakes? Let me just have a looksee inside...yes, I'll take one.
Dinner at Mount Fuji, also a new restaurant addition to me.
Get a room!
We had a picnic at the Duke Gardens, one of my favorite spots on campus. The grounds are so beautiful.
We had a picnic and played some serious Monopoly Deal. Its a quicky card version of Monopoly. I actually liked it. We probably played about 12 games over the weekend. I never won.
Tours of Duke University, courtesy of Miss Betsy, who never went there as a student, but still considers herself an expert.
Did you think I wouldn't pull out a fabulous pose?
Thanks, Court!

No comments:
Post a Comment