That's how I would describe this book.

I initially heard about this riveting book a couple of weeks ago from The Today Show. I started reading it today, and I'm already 60% finished. How do I know my exact percentage? Well, as planned, my wish list proved to be quite rewarding. I received a Kindle on Monday, courtesy of iBob. It's not for Christmas, it's a "you're so lucky your father adores technology" gift.
I do love the Kindle. It seems to allow me to read even faster than I normally do, and I like to think of myself as a graduate of Speed Reading School. There is one drawback. After reading for like 2 hours straight, my eyes were a bit dried out and fatigued. I'm taking a break by utilizing anther techno screen object, my Macbook.
Room is so well written. The narrator is a 5 year old boy named Jack, who tells about his life. It becomes very clear after the first few pages, or several hundred words in Kindle speak, that he and his mother are imprisoned by a man known as Old Nick. The text is simply the dialogue between this boy and his mother. The language is particularly fascinating, as he has tried to personalize all of the objects in the room. It is also suspenseful and disturbing.
I have been in need of a book that I can't put down. In true Oprah style, I'm soliciting friends to read this. I would love to have a book discussion soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment