Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our Athleticism is Astounding

Last night I told T that I would like to walk in a 5K run/walk this morning to benefit my school district. He agreed to be my walking partner. As I mentioned before, I'm no runner. I got geared up wearing a t-shirt from one of my elementary schools. I was inspired to grab my own Wildcat mascot-
Then I encountered this goose in the kitchen-
wearing khaki pants.
I tried to explain that khaki pants are not appropriate for a 5K race, even if we are just walking. My husband responded that he had no warmup, athletic, jogging, nylon that swishes when you walk pants. I was startled to to realize that he was correct. How is this possible? Trinity doesn't exercise. I decided khakis were better than nothing, so off we went.

We were serious mall walkers. T had some memorable quotes along the route:
"Betsy, I haven't stretched properly. What if I cramp up? Will you go get me a banana so I can continue?"

"Betsy, I'm parched. Where is the water station?" This one was stated as I finally convinced him to pass a mother with a stroller (not a jogging stroller.)

We did some jogging, which was actually funny to see since he was wearing pressed khakis. We ended the race by running a lap around the track at the high school. T picked up speed here, running alongside me while telling me about his role as a member of the 2 mile relay team in high school.
We finished with a paper cup full of Vitamin water. Thank God. We needed to replace all of those lost electrolytes. Now we're headed to Dick's for some swishy pants.

No comments: